Can we, now, layer multiple sounds/instruments...?

Comments

• mickeyl
    mickeyl Member Posts: 56 Helper

There are a bunch of VST hosts that can layer. Just use those. You could even host KK instances and layer that way. Given a powerful machine it won‘t introduce any significant latencies.

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 296 Advisor

Yep, I tried a few vst hosts and layering is definitely possible that way

• Kaldosh

Tried first with image line minihost and it gave good results unfortunately it is an unachived project but the parameters mapping option are convenient in Maschine and it is still very workable.

then I recently turned to Kushview element that is less convenient for parameters mapping but has great capabilities and is still being worked on and also fills a big gap midiwise in Maschine. I didn’t try the bluecat version that seem very advanced but out of my budget ATM.

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 201 Advisor

If and when they ever get around to doing layering, also consider round-robin where selected group of different sounds will fire off in some order, much like MPCs.

• Kaldosh

The link function also works well for layering, but would be great if you could automate it

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 210 Advisor

I use cantible to layer instruments and save setups and fx routngs

• G.B.
    G.B. Member Posts: 73 Helper

That is not what I meant when asking the question... :)

I want to be able to play multiple instruments (not just sounds) at the same time - like you can on a synth, arranger, etc.

• Mark Wesse
    Mark Wesse Member Posts: 43 Member

This is just so so sad...that old premium amazing instruments like Kore could do all the stuff...and STILL no progress with KK

Sorry, I sold s61. I was living in the hope that it had improved so my friend could by an s88 mkii but if this is the case, they keylab pro it is...and it comes with a decent grand and not gentleman...sorry sorry sorry state of affairs.

Im not even a keyboard major...and you still cant do this.

WOW!

I did have a look at latest KK but it doesnt let me choose a controller as I was hoping the mkii could achieve something modern

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 210 Advisor

Admin.., can we bring back the ignore troll account option in forum, please?

• Wilmar Boer
    Wilmar Boer Member Posts: 62 Helper

I'm still waiting for this. Well back to Mainstage than :-(. Please NI, it can't be too hard!

• G.B.

Yeah... I seriously don't get it...

Like you said... it shouldn't be that hard to implement.

And people have been asking for this for years now.

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro

@G.B.

@Blindeddie has the best suggestion to DL the free Kontakt and try it.

I have built a "layered" instrument in Kontakt as a Multi (in this example = PnoChoirSoloStgs, all set to MIDI channel 1 so they play simultaneously), so that is (I believe) what you want to achieve.

It is also possible to load Kontakt into the Komplete Kontrol wrapper via attached screenshot, BUT... the KK wrapper only has mapped controls for the FIRST instrument in the rack mapped to the Keyboard, so there is that bit of uslessness. And it is easier to load Kontakt WITHOUT the KK wrapper.

• G.B.

Can you save this as a preset (or whatever) in Komplete Kontrol or Kontact... or...?

Or do you have to redo it every time...?

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro

You can save it as a Multi in Kontakt, yes.

See the Downloads page for the current Kontakt 6.7 online or PDF manuals.