SD Card Size for Maschine Plus

Options
Tigersharc
Tigersharc Member Posts: 59 Helper
edited March 2022 in Maschine

I wanted to see if anyone is using a SD card that is 512 GB. I wanted to see if there were any issues? I plan to purchase a SanDisk Extreme Pro 512 GB. I am currently using a 128 Extreme Pro no problems. I just want to make sure there is no problem reading the material on the Maschine Plus. Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited March 2022
    Options

I've seen several reports of success with 256GB SD's but the only person I know with a 512GB is @BombBeats71, he has a Samsung Evo Plus if I am not mistaken.

I'm not sure I'd recommend that amount of content tho, after a certain amount of samples the M+ browser starts to get overwhelmed and slows down a lot, which also happens in the desktop version. A Sandisk Pro at that storage capacity is around 150$-200$, it would be a bummer to spend all that and have a super slow laggy browser experience.

• deXform
    deXform Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Yes, I've been using one for almost 1 year now. Works absolutely fine.

• Tigersharc
    Options

Thanks guys. I'm gonna give it a try with the 512. I can still fall back to the 128. After the 9 for $99 I ran out of space and so I'm just trying to get access on the plus and not just the desktop.

• D-One
    Options

Thanks for sharing. Is your card full or close to full? What type of content do you mostly have on it? No laggy browser when browsing user content?

• deXform
    deXform Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Sure :) I still have about 200GB free. I don‘t have that many sample packs on it to be honest, so I can’t really speak on the browser performance. Most of the files on my card are long guitar, synth or percussion recordings I recorded directly into Maschine.

• Tigersharc
    Options

My plan is to have my expansions on the card. Currently the 128 holds what fits, which leaves about 500 mb free. A 512 will give me some wiggle room for a while and if I get close to filling that I will simply delete what I don't use as often and use the most popular for my music creation.

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    Options

I can confirm my 512gb SD works flawlessly for me. And for what it's worth I have a 2tb SSD connected to one of the USB-A ports most of the time too.

• D-One
    Options

Can you share roughly what type of content you have on both and how full your storage solutions are?

• Tigersharc
    Options

Just an update on my part for the SD card. I did purchase and install a 512GB SD card. I only installed the expansions and what ever else is automatically installed to the SD card from Maschine +. Everything works just fine. I guess it was good timing to purchase this since there is a new update for Maschine + today.