How do you set tempo changes in Machine+?

StevoWalko
StevoWalko Member Posts: 6 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

I have been using the Maschine+ for a year and am getting more proficient, but I would really like to be able to change the tempo while a song file is playing.

I see where MIDI messages for velocity are displayed, and I can enter a general program change, and can use the edit pencil to enter and adjust a value, but how do I edit the command to set a new tempo? Am I in the right place? Thanks for any help! SWalko

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer βœ“

There is no BPM change automation in Maschine...its a wish list thing!!! Discussed in the Maschine+ feedback thread.

• StevoWalko
    Answer βœ“

Thank you for the quick response, it has been driving me crazy. I trust it will be in a future update.

I really appreciate knowing this community and forum is here. I just signed up today

• Fabio Barbon
    Fabio Barbon Member Posts: 25 Helper
    Answer βœ“

The workaround I use is to hook up a midi box that is capable of acting as MIDI clock master and that can be programmed to change its BPM via some CC or Note MIDI messages. I use a Blokas Midihub for that.

This way tempo can be controlled by a M+ MIDI track. By using gliding you can even do rallentando and accelerando πŸ€“

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer βœ“

There is no BPM change automation in Maschine...its a wish list thing!!! Discussed in the Maschine+ feedback thread.

• StevoWalko
    Answer βœ“

Thank you for the quick response, it has been driving me crazy. I trust it will be in a future update.

I really appreciate knowing this community and forum is here. I just signed up today

• Fabio Barbon
    Answer βœ“

The workaround I use is to hook up a midi box that is capable of acting as MIDI clock master and that can be programmed to change its BPM via some CC or Note MIDI messages. I use a Blokas Midihub for that.

This way tempo can be controlled by a M+ MIDI track. By using gliding you can even do rallentando and accelerando πŸ€“

• StevoWalko

Fabio, thank you for your work around idea! This sounds a lot better than my manually adjusting the tempo knob when I am doing a mix down!

• Fabio Barbon

Glad to help πŸ™‚

Just in case here’s the Midihub patch, together with the note to bpm table (notes are in Synthstrom Deluge format but readable I guess)

https://patchstorage.com/note-2-bpm/