The Maschine 4 (Speculative) Thread

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,255 mod
    edited November 2023

If one still believes that a random Reddit post with a really silly story by an anonymous guy with no credibility has any shred of truth then I don't know what to tell ya...

To be more brutally honest If NI was making a DAW I would most likely know about it and wouldn't even be allowed to make any comments here ... No harm in dreaming, but I advise folks to keep the dreams a bit more realistic.

• Vic Angelo
    Vic Angelo Member Posts: 121 Advisor

I dont understand what you mean because You can record performances into the Arranger. That's what "Clips" are for In fact you can record performances (not audio) completely linearly for a whole song or arrangement like a regular daw. Except for multi audio track recording. ?

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 674 Guru
    edited November 2023

by "recording performance into arranger" I mean that I want to be able to manually trigger patterns and scenes while the sequencer is playing, and to record this realtime triggering of patterns and scenes into the arranger mode while I perform the changes in real time. AFAIK the clips function does not help me to achieve this in the slightest, tho I'd love to be wrong

• Vic Angelo
    Vic Angelo Member Posts: 121 Advisor

I got you now 👍 I think you are right tho, arrangement view does not currently record scene or pattern changes as a performance the way some DAWS like Ableton would.

• jt maher
    jt maher Member Posts: 80 Newcomer

I find the whole maschine 4/new daw software, and octatrack mk3 rumors amusing. These companies would probably make a fortune making these, but it definitely is unrealistic. 

What would be funny, is if Roland came out with a hybrid MV-8800 successor out of nowhere next year, and disrupted the whole gear industry 😂

A lot of maschine users would jump ship if it had a real daw with full capabilities like Abelton. 

• D-One

@jt maher

A lot of maschine users would jump ship if it had a real daw with full capabilities like Abelton. 

It's a possibility like any other I guess but thing is... Ableton+Push already exists, so if that's what people want they can jump ship already.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,649 Expert

Get your spoons out and join the rytm… mataDAW! mataDAW! mataDAW! mataDAW!

• Cretin Dilettante
    Cretin Dilettante Member Posts: 170 Advisor
  • jt maher

Hah! It is very possible that they will rebirth the MV in 2024. It will be 20 year anniversary since the 8800 came out… I mean Roland did revamp the MC series (909) with the 101/707, and now they expanded on the sp404 with the 404mk2…..I’m assuming if they did make a new MV it would have an updated version of the pretty spectacular Zencore technology. One could could only dream of a new MV 🤤

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 674 Guru

There is already a new MV - Roland verselab (its an MV), so be careful what you wish for!

• jt maher

Totally forgot Roland already released a new MV. The verselab yes yes. Been hearing that Roland is going small now, and a new flagship big boy sampler is very unlikely. It’s a nice wishful dream. Will be interesting to see what does come out next year from Roland. More small boxes 🙃 Maybe another MV verselab mk2, but with bigger MPE 4x4 rgb pads, an oled screen (you can actually use), more I/O, more efx, no step sequencer 🤢, and a zencore daw.

• D-One
    edited December 2023

I honestly can't tell if you are serious or trolling for the jokes...

Do you honestly believe that after the do-it-all huge and expensive devices like MV-8800 were completely crushed by laptops + DAWs they can make some kind of meaningful comeback? That would be almost like horses making a comeback over cars, sure gear nuts would buy it but it would fail big time financially long term, there's a reason people stopped making such devices... It reminds me of this.

How many people have you seen owning a Verselab? It's dead on arrival...

• Cretin Dilettante
    Cretin Dilettante Member Posts: 170 Advisor

I mean, the Maschine+ is already $1300 bucks sooooo if I'm paying $1k for a "not-laptop", it better be worth "not being a laptop". The MV, conceptually, was a great idea because it allowed you to have the "untethered groovebox" experience when you wanted, and then turned into a computer workstation when you wanted. The Push 3 is in a similar category in that regard, minus the ability to connect with an external monitor/keyboard. People are referencing the MV because it's proof that "the platonic ideal of hybrid gear" is actually possible and was within our reach YESTERDAY.

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 219 Pro
  • ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,649 Expert

How is the current selling price of the M+ related to what would be cool features to have for the next evolution stage of Maschine in general?

This discussion has been closed.