Kontrol x1 not detecting on Catalina

djdeep_hyd
djdeep_hyd Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

HI...I recently upgrade to Traktor pro 3 from 2 on 2015 Macbook pro 15inch retina will a Os x of 10.15.6 Catalina with Traktor 3.5.2...My kontrol x1 controller is not detecting & the drivers are not available on Native website.

Best Answer

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod
    Answer ✓

hey all, just to clear it up: whether it is intel or M1, it does not really matter. The OS is what to look out for. If you have macOS 10.15 or higher, the AUDIO 2 / 4 / 8 DJTRAKTOR AUDIO 2 MK1, and TRAKTOR S2 / S4 / X1 MK1, will not be compatible.

The workaround, as @Stevan previously mentioned, is to downgrade to macOS 10.14 or below. Even then, there is a workaround involved:

Operation of NI Legacy Hardware Devices on macOS 10.12 - 10.14

please note that this is only that, a workaround. We can't offer official support for these legacy devices from 10.12 onward. The workaround tends to work 99% of the time, but we can't guarantee the results 100% of the time. We can guarantee, however, that macOS 10.15 and onward, these devices will not work.

Going back to the issue of the processors, if you have an M1/M1 Pro/Max processor: downgrading to macOS 10.14 or below is impossible.

I wish we had better news and hope this clears up some confusion around the situation. The sad truth is, however, that the situation is largely out of our (NI's) control, and we wish there was more we can do.

Feel free to refer to the link below for more details on macOS compatibility:

Compatibility of Native Instruments Products on macOS

Answers