The Maschine 4 (Speculative) Thread

Comments

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 424 Pro
    edited November 2023

I'm waiting for "As used by Bigfoot!" in the advertising campaign for the next edition and that advertising to be echoed on all NI products...why waste perfectly good advertising space after all..................in fact the next hardware could utilise a third screen purely for advertising🤑

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 156 Pro

Ok, this is actually a secret but, Yes, MataDaw will automaticly insert ads to your music! It can truly harness the power of AI.

Even the billing is automated. And it syncs Kompletely with PaySeries!

All hail the Matadawres!

• Jiglo
    Jiglo Member Posts: 161 Advisor

Once upon a time (most of the 90s), I would save up for weeks, sometimes even months to buy dj and production gear while having an expensive record collecting hobby on the side. Then, I had to put the hours in to learn how to use it all and I was happy. Limitations weren’t a thing I thought of, I was just thinking, “what can I do with this great gear” and eventually I started getting better with it, and making music I was reasonably proud of.

Now we have kick ass gear, I see companies and YouTubers being savaged by mobs, baying for blood because of a company’s approach to releasing new gear too soon and it’s ethics and the perceived loyalty to said company by a YouTuber who has taken most of the flack for promoting it.

We’ve become very fickle and demanding , when we can usually be happy working with what we already have.

• Cretin Dilettante
    Cretin Dilettante Member Posts: 170 Advisor

"be happy with what you have bro" doesn't apply when you're paying for something. Try that in any other industry and see how far it gets you.

• Jiglo

I guess me buying things for what they can actually do rather than me buying things for what I imagine they could do puts me in a good headspace for acceptance of gear.

I think that's what most people buying into most other industries would expect too if they were reasonable with their expectations, apart from maybe music and film, where we hope to be entertained and surprised, but occasionally are left feeling otherwise.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,255 mod
    edited November 2023

Same, but then again... How can one be demanding when you're just starting out and know nothing? Ignorance can be a bliss. When music tech was new just having digital stuff was groundbreaking, we have come a long way since then.

I'm very, very happy with the Ableton 12 update, it has tons of stuff I care about and have been waiting for ages.

• Jiglo

Ignorance certainly can be and ignorance in the case of mistaken expectation can lead to perpetual unhappiness.

“This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased.”

• D-One
    edited November 2023

Well, true, that's fair as well... I am not sure if expecting SW tools to evolve at a decent pace would fall into that category, although if one's happiness relies on one very specific thing happening out of possibly 100, then yeah, perpetual unhappiness is the most likely outcome.

Personally, my expectations are being met elsewhere, so elsewhere I am.

You're making this thread all serious again :( Lets get back to jokes.. MA-TA-DAWWWWW

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 462 Pro

When have you ever bought something for what you hope it can become? I certainly have never. That seems like a stupid thing to do! “I’m buying this microwave not for its ability to microwave, but for the hope of it becoming a Time Machine! It has the potential to be just that. I just hope its developers will listen to my ideas of how it can evolve with a few firmware updates and a few minor add-ons to the hardware”.

• D-One
    edited November 2023

Me personally? Semi often, sometimes I want to support a dev or company that has a product far from perfect but original, buying something can be a vote of confidence, risky... sure.

I get your point but that's such an odd comparison, a microwave does 1 thing, you expect it to heat up stuff...

A music production software does a million things to audio and MIDI, it's normal to have expectations and borderline impossible to know how everything works and the whole feature set without using it extensively for quite a while... It takes time to know flaws. Not to mention software is expected to evolve over time and keep up with tech and trends this is computer stuff after all...

A computer/sw from 1998 is incomparable to one from 2023, meanwhile, microwaves are pretty much the same.

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 424 Pro

Buying something for what it does is OK and yes you kinda hope it will get better and stop looking like it does things it doesn't do in any useful way, but is it so totally unreasonable to expect that they don't actually break it or make it worse?......................

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 219 Pro

My hope now is that the people involved wants to enjoy the year-end holidays and will get the bean out of the bag pronto.

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 462 Pro
    edited November 2023

I know it’s a bad comparison, but that’s to make a simple point and a clear metaphorical thought over the principle of what/why you buy vs expectations vs reality. I would never buy anything I don’t like based on hope/wishes of what it could be and then expect it to become that and later become disappointed and hysterical about it not becoming what I thought it would be. That’s just plain idiotic.

ps: not calling you and idiot D, I understand maybe you bought some software to support a company, but you didn’t do it with hopes of it becoming something, you bought it as it is, surely you’ll be glad when it evolves but your whole happiness and existence isn’t relying on that I assume.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,649 Expert
    edited November 2023

Looking at the history of Apple products, it seems quite common to have well working features removed or replaced with lesser functionality.

So, yes, unfortunately you have to expect a product to also evolve in the „wrong“ direction.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,649 Expert
This discussion has been closed.