NKS Development Discussion

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod
    edited November 2023

I did also make a VST3 template for PPGWave 3 and was planning to save out the presets, which is a big job for me, but now I'm thinking if I start saving presets and they release a version 4 I will have to do it again so I might hold off a while before doing that.

I have posted the VST3 template in the User library under Current/Waldorf

I think instead I might convert a few of the free add-on libraries for Largo - there are quite a few good ones, also Nave perhaps

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 102 Advisor
    edited November 2023

Thanks a lot Sunborn ! I will test mapping replace.

👍️

2 hours later ...

It works (if the template remains the same for all presets, that is not always true). After copying the gulp-nks-replace-mapping folder to node-modules, in Windows PowerShell, you have to type : "npm install gulp-nks-replace-mapping --save-dev", otherwise it doesn't work.

I will add Sunborn "tricks" to my both tutorials.

• Pops
    Pops Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks a lot everybody for your tips !

I just made Preview and preset for Bass station (Vst2), with your tips !

I would like to share it to someone before, and see if everything is ok, like this i can go forward without messing the others, for try to do more !

And if anybody can share or make the images of bass station would be nice, i'm not good with making those Artwork..

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,773 mod

Congrats for your first (?) work!

However, the VST2 version is already done, few years ago by jhorology. Here it is:

There, you can find the images too and all metadata files.

Yet, those are done long time ago and they do not have .previews too, so it is a good idea to check them, if for example you have a newer version with more presets etc. then, add your previews, repack them and upload them. :-)

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,165 mod
  • gcorcella
    gcorcella Member Posts: 63 Member

Hi there,

I'm trying to create the banner hardware images for my non NKS libraries to see them on the Kontrol MK3 screen. Anyways, I created the pictures, saved it as NKS_hardware_banner.webp in the "image" folder but the keyboard does not show it even after the Rescan.

It finds the MST_artwork and show the related picture in the browser but not the library's banner image.

Am I missing any passage to make it work?

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 448 Guru
    edited November 2023

It has to be a webp format file - named NKS2_hardware_banner - once you've saved that in the right folder, it should work.

Example - Noisy:

• gcorcella

I did it but it does not work. Should I rescan the library in Kontakt or restart my computer?

Is the right folder: Users > Public > Public Documents > NI Resources > image?

• gcorcella

I see this

• Vagus

Ok, without some folder magic, and messing around with NKIs, it's actually quite hard to do that with Kontakt instruments.

Works for VSTs no problem.

• Kymeia
    edited November 2023

Noisy is a plugin though. I don't think it works the same for third party non NKS Kontakt libraries because they will all be grouped under Kontakt,. The only way to make them show their own graphic would be if they had a different product name, which is doable, but requires some hacks and can backfire in my experience so I'm not sure is really worth it.

• Kymeia

Added last 2 of the official Largo add-on banks now (Misc and NX)

• Vagus

Even with a new plugin name, this doesn't work. It worked previously with other artwork on MK2, but the MK3 hardware banner doesn't want to play ball with Kontakt instruments yet

• Kymeia

You have the advantage there if having one in front of you :) It did used to work, oh well.

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 102 Helper

Old Massive and Macro Knobs. I have 3rd party presets that lack KK Macro Knob assignments. (NOT talking about the 8 knobs on the VST, right bottom corner). The Komplete Kontrol macro knobs.

Is there a nifty way to get my own KK Macro Knobs assignments applied to the presets?

On a regular VST you just make a NKS template and change presets in the VST and save as a new nksf file, easy. But Massive have this nmsv format that KK reads, AND it seems the KK Macro Knob assignments are part of it.

After I put the presets in the standard Massive User folder and let Massive scan it, it shows up in Massive's browser. But then when I save it in KK it makes a new nmsv file the Native Instruments/ User Content folder where all the nksf go as well. If I make a Massive NKS template and save it in KK, and re-open the template, all the assignments are there. Then I use the internal Massive browser and call up a new preset, all the assignments are pulled from the new preset, the template assignments disappear...

Anyone figured out a way to apply KK knob assignments to 3rd part Massive presets?