Can I sell Komplete Kontrol S61 + Select but keep Ultimate?

Options
Bartel_744
Bartel_744 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited January 2023 in Native Access

Hi everyone. New to the forum, don’t know for sure if this question has been asked, but I couldn’t find it anywhere.

A few years ago I bought Komplete Kontrol S61 and received Komplete 12 Select with it. I upgraded that to Komplete 12 Ultimate.

Now I want to sell my S61, including the Select bundle, and buy a M32 or A25 instead. Is it possible to do so, while keeping my Komplete Ultimate bundle? The underlying registrations are the S61 and Select bundle, so I don’t know how to do this.

Can anyone please help me? Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,713 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

This was the answer from our support, I'm copying it here, I hope if it's ok with you @Bartel_744

We recently updated our license system. The software supplements of the hardware will remain valid in your account.

We only transfer the hardware serial of the product and the next user will get new software serials once transferred. 

So, you can transfer your S61 without losing anything!

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,053 mod
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hello,

s49 or m32 come with komplete start, so you would have to upgrade to select first as a step in between. Then you should be able to activate komplete ultimate again.

P.S. a bit misleading - see what @Kubrak wrote

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    edited January 2023
    Options

It might also happen that when you sell KK S61, bundled SW stays on your account. NI has changed the way they handle bundled SW, few years ago. Bundled SW stays at seller's account and buyer receives new licences...

But, I do not know, if it applies to your case.

And there is another "problem", if you buy S49/M32 and get upgrade from Start to Select, you will have K14S. And it is not sute if you may upgrade-downgrade from K14S to K12 U. (14->12)

The best way is to ask NI Support.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,053 mod
    edited January 2023
    Options

Ahh correct, native has changed it to avoid the mentioned problems i guess, you are correct. So my post is wrong. I should not post before I had my first 5 coffee's.

• Bartel_744
    Options

Thanks a lot, would be great if I could keep the SW. I created a ticket for NI, will let you know what their reaction is when I receive one.

• Bartel_744
    Options

After a google search with my new learnt terminology ‘software bundle’ (thanks Kubrak), I found the answer.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    edited January 2023
    Options

Yes, but it applies to newer HW models and not too old ones. At least it did, when introduced. I do not know, which are too old and use the old rule (SW is transferred together with HW.).

NI Support will tell you.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,713 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

This was the answer from our support, I'm copying it here, I hope if it's ok with you @Bartel_744

We recently updated our license system. The software supplements of the hardware will remain valid in your account.

We only transfer the hardware serial of the product and the next user will get new software serials once transferred. 

So, you can transfer your S61 without losing anything!

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    Options

Great news for everyone! Thanks @Jeremy_NI, that's a nice example of NI support at its best. Rewards new and longtime users for doing the right thing.