Maschine MK1 software not found after registration

zapass
zapass Member Posts: 7 Member

I'm having the same problem that many people seem to have: Maschine software doesn't show up after hooking up the hardware, installing the driver and registering the serial as described by NA2 UI "Look for your product software in the Available section" but it's not there. Tried numerous times, restarted NA2, rebooted, then registering hangs forever.

Best Answer

• zapass
    Answer ✓

Jeremy, thanks for the detailed answer I was looking for!

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

first go online into your account and under the "my products" page you see, if the serial is registered and what products do you have in your account. What os do you use?

• zapass

Hi, thanks for getting back to me!

yes all my products including Maschine are listed on my account page and that's where I've found the serial I've used to register in NA2 since there isn't any on the hardware and I've thrown out all packaging long ago.

I'm running Windows 11 latest on a AMD Ryzen 7 3800X PC.

• Uwe303

Do you have maschine 2 or maschine 1 in your account. Maybe maschine 1 is not supported on windows 11 but all other software should be installed anyway. You also can try to logout and login back again.

• zapass

the original mk1, I haven't heard anything about lack of support for windows 11 and since it's a usb device see no reason why. Logging out from where?

• Uwe303

With NA 2 you can also enable legacy product visibility, maybe you need to do that, i also own 1.8.2 but also don't see it in native access. And i mean logout from native access, you have a little man sign on the too right, there you should be able to logout and in again.

• Uwe303

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000618297-Compatibility-of-Native-Instruments-Products-on-Windows here under "7/8/10" you see that from windows 10 on 1.8.2 is not compatible.

• zapass

Thanks, I logged out from NA2 a couple times and enabled legacy products which brought back 2 legacy instruments but still no Maschine software. The driver was installed and is working, the unit's screens light up but still nothing in NA2.

• zapass

worth noting, the legacy instrument listed as available is Abbey road 60s drum which I have installed and up to date and when I locate it for install I get an error so this is weird...

• zapass

it is puzzling to me from looking at the compatibility page that MK1 hardware is win10 compatible but not the software?? That doesn't make any sense speaking as a long time audio developer myself: do you know what's going on here?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod

@zapass The Maschine MK1 controller is still supported on Windows 10 because it is working with the Maschine 2 software. It's only the Maschine software that is not officially supported.

Even though the Maschine 1 software is not officially supported, you should be able to install it, even on Windows 11, here is an installer for it, as well as the last available update (run the update after the full Maschine 1.8.0 installer)

Maschine 1.8.0 full installer

Maschine 1.8.2 update

Maschine 1 Library

Once installed, run Native Access with Legacy products on:

• zapass
    Answer ✓

Jeremy, thanks for the detailed answer I was looking for!