Installing dependencies every time I reboot the PC.

Reefius
Reefius Member Posts: 249 Pro
edited January 2023 in Native Access

After every reboot of my PC, NA needs to install dependencies again (which takes quite a while). Is this normal behaviour?

I think this started after updating NA to 3.1, I've never had this before.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Reefius
    Answer ✓

Looks like this was fixed in the latest NA version. No more installing dependencies after a reboot.

Answers

• wshoey
    wshoey Member Posts: 4 Member

Yep, happening for me, too! Takes at least 30 minutes just to open Native Access and about 75 percent of the time it freezes on one of the many stages on the way to opening and just....never opens. I'm shocked at how awful this is.

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited January 2023

If you own a laptop or notebook you can shutdown it using shutdown -sg -t 0 or press shift and shutdown.

Now the laptop boots from the beginning with empty cache like you've take away the accu with no power.

EDIT: This is like a cold start.

• Reefius

I don't think this has something to do with the issue, and also I'm using a desktop PC.

• Paule
    edited January 2023

It's good to clear all cookies in that way.

On my PC I never write a chronicle and clear cookies,

My HP Z230 has no power off switch. A button only for shutdown or start.

• Reefius

But it still doesn't help me with the problem I have with NA2.

• Paule
    edited January 2023

Do you upgrade your pc to 22H2?

My computer is win 10 pro and since Oct'22 upgrade from 21H2 to 22H2.

Here are no problems with NA2, 3.1.0.

If you deinstal NA don't forget to clear the registry with regedit and then instal NA2 again.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,631 mod

@Reefius Do you have an antivirus active or a registry cleaner, something like CCleaner? It could be that they delete or quarantine the ntkdaemon and Native Access needs to reinstall it every time.

• Reefius

@Jeremy_NI Nothing has changed on my end, this just started happening after updating NA to v3.1.

I do have Malwarebytes Premium but this doesn't touch NTKDaemon.

This only happens once after every reboot, after that NA always starts normally until the next reboot.

• Jeremy_NI

@Reefius Have you tried to deactivate Malwarebytes as a test? If you have and this still happens it could be a new bug in Native Access. In that case I'd ask you to contact our support agents here so they can do a proper bug report and/or try to help to fix the issue: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

• Reefius
    Answer ✓

Looks like this was fixed in the latest NA version. No more installing dependencies after a reboot.

• Jeremy_NI

@Reefius That's good to hear!