Sticker Drift Fixed??

It appears that the sticker drift on the s4 mk3 has been fixed in the latest update of Traktor 3.70 😀

My smiley face emoji does not even come close to the joy I now feel when I go to scratch and my cue point stays where I left it. (although I'm so used to it moving on me, it will take some relearning, but well worth it) Thank you Traktor team. That has been my only real gripe with my s4 mk3, so I'm stoked. Thanks Again.

Maybe someone else can verify it, make sure I'm not just smoked.

Comments

• s4mk3
    s4mk3 Member Posts: 33 Helper

Didn't see anything listed in the bug fixes?

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

I’ll check this

• Tellmeaboutit123

Not fixed. Not for me anyway

@Kaiwan_NI when will this be fixed?

• Tellmeaboutit123

Why NI don’t fix this is beyond me. Makes a good product bad. I’m not a scratcher but I’ve had a dabble on the mk3 and the drift in jog mode is just bad bad bad. If you can’t fix it just tell us you can’t.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 582 Pro

The latency seems to be better with 3.70, so you might be noticing more responsive jogs.

My S4mk3 seems a bit better for scratching (although I am horrible at scratching) too. My delay effects seem better.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,654 mod

This is one of 7 bugs with S4 MK3 that never got fixed. This post gave a hope that they looked into those but nn the jog wheel still cannot be overmapped to adjust the sensitivity and add more functions when I don't need to pitch bend. (Like we could do on MK1 and MK2 for a decade but now the MK3 is dumbed down for some reason)

• Tellmeaboutit123

Really not sure why they would have such a great piece of hardware that has faults like that. They did fix the odd cue behaviour in TT mode, surely they can fix the drift in Jog mode.

• s4mk3

They haven't done jack for the s4 mk3. It's been 3/4 years and the pitch light in TT mode hasn't been fixed. But hey, at least they're hard at work fixing the bugs with Pioneers products. Like the jog wheel response?

• Tellmeaboutit123

It’s the no response that’s annoying. If this was let’s say a Rane product, these flaws would have A never been there in the first pace or B addressed very quickly. S4 mk3 probably still sells quite well but there doesn’t seem any appetite to fix. Sad really.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,654 mod

S4 Mk3 ardware is awesome, couldn't recommend it more but the software is incomplete. Come on guys it has been years.

• s4mk3

Agree, it is awesome. I've had a lot of gear over many years and this is definitely my favourite. However...kinda gave up on things like more pitch ranges in TT mode, haptic feedback improvements and that *%$#@! pitch light in TT mode. Some things might not be possible but i find it hard to believe they can't improve or fix anything in the 3/4 years its been out. That or the fixes and improvements are coming in a new product?

• Tellmeaboutit123

No idea. It is baffling though as to why they would not fix what appear to be pretty straightforward fixes. It’s still one of their premium selling products of which are being sold faulty.

• DJ_DichOtomy
    DJ_DichOtomy Member Posts: 19 Member

Ok, in jog mode the drift is still horrible, but I always use TT mode for scratching, and that Has been fixed. In the change log it says something about "Master deck out of phase with main clock" It'd be my guess that that's when it got fixed for TT mode. Something happened because it was horrible before and now it's almost spot on. If you're scratching, you want to be in TT mode anyways, sounds off scratching in jog mode. In fact that's the only reason I use TT mode, as soon as I'm done scratching, it's back to jog mode. Isn't that the only reason to have motorized platters in the first place?

And I agree that this has been a bug for too long and it should've been fixed long ago. What get's me heated is that before I bought this controller, I did a lot of research and watched everything I could find on the s4 mk3. In all those videos not one person mentioned the sticker drift and for me it was a glaring issue, noticed it right out the gate, first time I used it. I almost returned it over that one thing and had I known before hand, I might of made another choice.

As it is though, I'm glad I stuck with it, I love Traktor and there's nothing better than the s4 mk3 for controlling it with. Maybe someday the jog mode drift will get fixed, but for now I am still taking it as a win. I'm a happy boy now.

• s4mk3

Sticker drift in TT mode is still an issue for me. Even worse if you're using doubles. Haven't tried jog mode but I'm gonna have to give that a go.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,562 admin

Hi @DJ_DichOtomy can you share with us more details of the issue? Does the position of the playhead drift when you scratch?