Why is Traktor Pro 3.7 iso slowly by storing the collection?

When I quitt Traktor it takes more than 60 Minutes to storing my collection.

The collection ist stored on a external NAS (Synology DS 218).

Is this normal?

MacBook Pro 2017, Mac OS 13.0

Traktor 3.7

Answers

• Oxy
    Oxy Member Posts: 88 Helper

This has been bothering me since 3.6x, now 3.7 it's the same. Have no answer for you but this is something that needs addressing.

• Audiowerk
    Audiowerk Member Posts: 19 Member
    edited December 2022
    same here...at least 1 hour to save the collection  win10

• TurnedTables
    TurnedTables Member Posts: 33 Helper

I've noticed collection saving takes longer than it used to. Not as slow as you are reporting (laptop with SSD) but it's increased from a few seconds to around 30 seconds which can be a little annoying when I want to shut down my laptop quickly. My collection file is 26MB

• Audiowerk
    edited December 2022

My collection is 275 MB , 230.000 tracks on external 4 tb ssd -it took ages to store the collection when i close traktor.I opened a ticket.

• PaKo
    PaKo Member Posts: 16 Member
    edited January 2023

Did you receive anything on this in the meantime?

Contacted the support today, too.

• Audiowerk
    edited February 2023

Yes, they said I should check my collection with mp3val. But that didn't solve the problem. After that they said there must be something wrong with my new computer - LOL. I switched back to 3.5.3 , there it takes 10 sec to close traktor.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

Can you try the new beta 3.8.2 and see what it’s like.

• Iceman the Dj
    Iceman the Dj Member Posts: 29 Member

Where we find older versions of Traktor? In Native Access I didn't find any option for this...

• Audiowerk
    edited February 2023

If you ask the support for an older installer , they`ll send you a download link.

• DJM (Sagar)
    DJM (Sagar) Member Posts: 45 Helper

I have this problem since 3.6.x too. 3.7 is definitely worse. Though it takes around 10-15 secs for me.

I anyone with this problem has tried 3.8.2 please feedback if it's fixed. I am just worried that at some point it's going to require rebuilding a very large collection for many because the devs can't spot this issue.

• PaKo

Yes, I started an older version, too and it took 5 seconds to save and close on the same computer.

Support told me to try the 3.8 Beta, but that didn't fix that until now...

Seams more people have to open a ticket to show it's a serious problem, especially when playing in front of a crowd...

• PaKo

Update:

I'm still in exchange with the support and they try to locate the problem.

What I have found out so far:

• Since 3.6, my imported collection.nml causes the long saving time and therefore long shut-down time of approx. 30 seconds when requested to quit.
    • When I start 3.8 (or earlier down to 3.6) without any imported collection, but with the default collection from NI, it shuts down within a few seconds.
    • Most striking: When I start 3.5.3 with my latests collection.nml, it shuts down within a few seconds.

When I play in front of a crowd, I use 3.53 at the moment. At home, I use 3.8. Cross your fingers they will find out where the source of the problem is. At the moment, they are searching.

Cheers.

• Oxy
    Oxy Member Posts: 88 Helper

Yes, this is very annoying when I need to close fast, if the process is interrupted (ie. closing laptop) a broken collection file is the result. This has caused me MANY headaches after when the collection could not be red. So now I backup the collection file AFTER EVERY successful launch of Traktor. An extra step, but it has saved me numerous times already!

• lem_sessions
    lem_sessions Member Posts: 7 Member

Hey - just dealing with some blue screens of death and decided to give v3.8 a try (run 3.5.3 for a long time now) and everything seemed peachy, i even was considering subscribing to the pattern player / limiter features, that is until I tried saving my Collection.... 3.5.3 takes 3 minutes to save collection, v3.8 does not even finish in 10 minutes, and that's on an SSD. On top of that 3.8 does not fix the bug I need fixing the most - the disappearing scrollbar after so many tracks... big disappointment but glad someone else is having this problem. On the up side - no blue screens of death with 3.8 but back to 3.5.3 I go ;(