[Free gifts] Download HYPHA for free and tell us what you have in store for 2023

Options
13»

Comments

• Samplaire
    Samplaire Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Hi, Hypha is K7 compatible, right? I’m a long term NI user, I have Komplete 5 to 13 so to use Hypha I added the K7 player (ie the whole free Komplete version) but this doesn’t show in my Native Access. I’ve waited 2 weeks to give it a chance to show up there. Can anybody help me with it please?

• AGP
    AGP Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

I downloaded HYPHA, but KONTAKT Player doesn't find it. What's wrong?

• Simon Hunt
    Simon Hunt Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Hi, been waiting about 24 hours for Hypha to appear in Native Access (yes, I'm a last-minute person). Done everything I can think of - it's in my NI account with a serial number, I've added the serial in Native Access, it's recognised that serial, I keep refreshing the "not installed" window .... but nothing there. Anyone else having this problem?

thanks

S

• qzirrel
    qzirrel Member Posts: 14 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

Nice instrument with great sounds!

But there are several problems with the A/B controls. They are annoying enough that they're unusable for me and I would not buy a Kontakt library that implements the same concept in the future. So I just wanted to leave my feedback here for your consideration.

• They are not mapped to a hardware controller in KK. For me, the main selling point for the play series is that I can tweak the sound without reaching for my mouse.
    • I have to drag my mouse across the whole screen and hit my screen's borders before the curser moves accross the whole A/B pad. My mouse is set to a high DPI because I like to make small movements. It's better if I set my mouse to lower DPI but still pretty bad. This is under Win 10.
    • The A/B pad is a bit confusing, it seems some coordinates are pretty much silent in some patches, hard to dial in sweet spots, so why implement this concept if it isn't used consistently accross the patches? I much prefer the patches where I can blend between layers with the mod wheel.

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 231 Advisor
    Options

Hi NI team, whats going on with the Player taking over / or half taking over my Kontakt6 after requesting hypha? In the hopes of getting someones attention Im posting here since its was becasue I wanted to try Hypha.

I posted in Kontakt this thread:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/9524/can-kontakt6-and-kontakt7-player-be-both-installed-without-issues

For more clarity, a couple of days ago I logged in and requested Hypha. I downloaded what I thought was Hypha but it was NA2 dmg which at this point I don't want to install and no sign of Hypha on my HD. I want to stay on NA1 at this point. When I checked in NA, Hypha and the Player were there in the uninstalled section but I didn't download and install them. I updated a few plugins while I was in NA. When I went to open KK in Logic, the Kontakt thumbnail/artwork is now for Kontakt 7 and no sign of Kontakt 6. I didn't download the player, and I cant find it in my Applications. How do I get my Kontakt 6 artwork back and Im confused... The odd thing is if I click on the Kontakt7 thumbnail and open a preset it shows as Kontakt7. If I directly open any of my Kontakt products in KK they are in Kontakt 6.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited January 2023
    Options

@Samplaire @Simon Hunt

Hypha requires Kontakt 7 or Kontakt 7 Player to run. Those can only be installed via Native Access 2. Please note you can keep both NA versions on your computer.

• qzirrel
    qzirrel Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Kontakt 7 player and Hypha are also available in the old Native Access.

In Komplete Kontrol and Maschine, K7 Player will "hijack" your K6 libraries unless you turn off an option in Preferences, Plugins to always use the latest version of NI plugins. That may be relevant for third party libraries which only load in demo mode in K7 Player.

• Jojo123
    Options

@Nico_NI

as @qzirrel says K7 Player and Hypha are in the old NA.

If the Player is on my system then I didn't do that and I prefer to have control over what I install.

Where do I check to find it and what do I need to do on Mac to uninstall it please?

If its not installed then how do I get rid of the K7 artwork in KK?

• Nico_NI
    Options

If it's installed, it should appear in your Native Access as installed. It should also show up as a standalone app in your system and as a plugin in your DAW.

Check out our guide on How to Uninstall Native Instruments Software from a Mac Computer.

• Jojo123
    Options

As far as I can see @Monochrome is right. Somehow Kontakt 7 (player???) has hi-jacked K6 in KK and yet it says in NA1 its NOT installed. Something doesn't add up here and if Hypha only can be downloaded via NA2 then why does it show up in NA1? PLease help me get rid of K7 in KK. Hopefully these 4 screenshots explain my predicament, and just to add, Kontakt standalone is K6 as is the version in Applications.

1/ If I Load a Kontakt instrument in KK such as HYbrid keys and edit the view to show Kontakt, then click on its little icon its Kontakt 6

2/ Loading Kontakt into Logic is Kontakt 6

3/ If I navigate straight to Kontakt in KK its Kontakt 7 and if click on the first preset it opens in Kontakt 7

4/ NA1 says Kontakt 7 Player is NOT installed

• Nico_NI
    edited January 2023
    Options

Please don't hijack this thread and create a dedicated post for your issue.

• Jojo123
    Options

Apologies. I didn't meant to hi-jack thread. This is because of Hypha Im in this predicament.

Shall I just copy my post and start a thread in Kontakt forum?

• Nico_NI
    Options

Sure! Don't forget to mention your operating system, plugin version...etc.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,132 Expert
    Options

Since I got mentioned, for more context:

(From: Can Kontakt6 and Kontakt7 Player be both installed without issues?)

@Jojo123 Let's stick to that thread of yours. No need to create another one.

This discussion has been closed.