Cannot get my maschine plus to register!

Shyam
Shyam Member Posts: 7 Member

It keeps saying that there is something wrong with a setting on native instruments side. I've contacted support numerous times and still have not heard anything back! Can anyone help me?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Shyam My colleagues will get back to you as soon as possible. Our support has a lot of requests to go through at this period of time. Creating multiple tickets really doesn't help, it just delays the answers even more.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

Do you still have problems? They had server issues.

• Shyam

Going to try again now

• Shyam

Yes I still have issues, this is the email i got. I responded to a previous one when I tried to register before and got no answer.

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Hello shyam,

unfortunately an error occurred during your product activation. Our registration system has recognized that the serial number used for the product activation has not been licensed correctly. In order to fix this problem as quick as possible, please reply to this email with the following information about the product you tried to activate:

Is the concerned product a full, update, upgrade, crossgrade version or a free/EDU version? And please let us know when and where you purchased the product.

Best regards,

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS Customer Service

• Shyam

This is the error message I got when I tried to register manually

"We are sorry, but the serial number you have tried to activate is not assigned to a product license, due to a missing setting on our side. Please contact our registration support team and include this error message, your serial, and the product name."

• Uwe303

Ok then you have to contact support

• Shyam

I have multiple times with no response

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@Shyam My colleagues will get back to you as soon as possible. Our support has a lot of requests to go through at this period of time. Creating multiple tickets really doesn't help, it just delays the answers even more.

• Shyam

Sorry for the multiple tickets, I appreciate your help!

• Jeremy_NI
  • Shyam

works now, amazingly fun thank you for your help!!!

• BigRich
    BigRich Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    edited December 2023

I recently purchased the Maschine+ and also have the same error message / email from support regarding the serial number. Will need to activate a product return by 2nd January due to a short return window if this cannot be resolved before then.

Wish I had seen the forum / issues raised by others prior to purchase as I currently have an £800 device that cannot be used and have just ordered an M32 keyboard - this will also need to be returned unopened if the issues cannot be resolved. Shame that something as simple as registering a serial number cannot be completed given the product cost.

• Uwe303

Hello,

absolutely - this should not happen

Have you tried to contact support, you click through, just say nothing helps, in your case that's true, then you can create a ticket.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000053677-Native-Access

• BigRich

Thanks Uwe303. I have created a ticket and sent the details back as requested, and did click through and check the available solutions before raising the ticket. Hope the issue with the Maschine+ can be resolved - I tried to set it up again this evening but got the same issue.

I have been able to register the SN of the M32 keyboard that I purchased and am downloading the software for this now so hopefully there will be no issues with the keyboard, but this is not really much use without the Maschine+.

Thanks for your help.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,001 Guru

@BigRich You can use the M32 keyboard with the Maschine 2 software on your computer in the mean time.

• BigRich

Thanks PK The DJ 👍️I had not considered this as the intention was to use both devices.

The main issue I have is that the Maschine+ that I purchased as new has either been previously used or that the SN is somehow blacklisted. I also have no way to verify the item is working as it should and this is the part that I am most concerned with due to the item cost.

I have re-checked the information on the web site where I had made the purchase, and this is covered by a 14-day return policy, so it should be possible to initiate a return up to 9th Jan - would be a shame to have to do this for the sake of a SN though.

Does anyone know the actual reason why this happens - could it be that the product \ SN is not authorized to be sold in the UK? Does this also happen with devices purchased directly from NI?

Thanks again.