traktor 3.6.1 issues with rane twelve mk2

Options

Comments

• Deejayenzo
    Deejayenzo Member Posts: 42 Helper
    Options

to remove any doubts i tried 2 of the rane 12 with 3 days to live on the s4 mk3. the problem is the same there too. the SKIPPING and GROUNDING WIRE error appears and the track skips every now and then

• Deejayenzo
    Options

hello, if it may be of interest I was able to speak to RANE assistance and they answered me like this:

The Twelve sends a line level DVS signal, so a ground wire would not be needed for such a connection. We are escalating the matter to the appropriate channels. We will contact you as soon as we have news for you on this matter. Thanks for all the detailed information and videos which are very helpful!

and thank you for your continued patience!

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 311 Pro
    Options
  • Allan_NI
    Allan_NI Product Team Posts: 55 mod
    Options

Hey everyone, Thank you for the detailed reports we have reproduced this issue and are working on it.

• Motti83
    Motti83 Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Gibt es hier etwas neues zum Thema? Nutze die Twelve MK2 mit Control Z2 und habe auch Ground Hum bzw. Skipping. Als Scratch DJ sehr schlecht. Vielleicht sollte ich den Control Z2 zurück gehen lassen und auf Serato umsteigen...

• Owner
    Options

Eglish below...

Leider nein. Der letzte Stand der Dinge mit dem Support war folgender:

"Ich habe sie mit den Entwicklern geteilt und hoffe, dass sie mit Rane kommunizieren können. Nach den von dir gesendeten Informationen und den Berichten im Forum zu urteilen, ist die Emulation des Traktor DVS-Signals das Problem. Ich würde Ihnen empfehlen, auch den Rane-Support zu kontaktieren"

Ich habe dann noch folgende Nachricht zur Schliessung des Tickets erhalten:

"Leider handelt es sich um einen aktuellen Fehler, der bereits von unserem Team untersucht wird. Hier haben Sie die Bug-ID als Referenz:

TP-17638 Playhead skipping with on the Rane Twelve MK2

Wir werden den Status des Tickets auf "Gelöst" ändern, da wir im Moment nicht viel tun können. Wenn Sie den Status der Behebung überprüfen möchten, antworten Sie einfach auf das Ticket und geben Sie dabei die Fehler-ID an"

Ob der Fehler nun an den RANE Twelves MKII liegt oder an der Traktor Software, lässt sich aus der Antwort nicht genau herauslesen. Ich selber gehe davon aus, dass wir eigentlich bei RANE druck machen sollten. Von Seiten Traktor erwarte ich nicht mehr viel diesbezüglich. die letzten beiden Updates haben auf jeden Fall keine Verbesserung gebracht.

Unterm Strich haben wir Player gekauft, welche nicht das können, was sie versprechen.

----

Unfortunately, no. The latest status of support was as follows:

"I have shared them with the developers and I hope they can communicate with Rane. Judging by the information you sent and the reports on the forum, the problem is the Traktor DVS signal emulation. I would recommend you to also use that Contact Rane Support"

I then received the following message about the closing of the ticket:

"Unfortunately, this is a recent bug that is already being investigated by our team. Here is the bug ID for your reference:

TP-17638 Playhead skipping with on the Rane Twelve MK2

We will change the status of the ticket to "Solved" as there is not much we can do at the moment. If you want to check the status of the fix, simply reply to the ticket and include the bug ID"

Whether the error is due to the RANE Twelves MKII or to the Traktor software cannot be determined from the answer. I myself assume that we should actually put pressure on RANE. I don't expect much more from Traktor in this regard. The last two updates have definitely not brought any improvement.

The bottom line is that we bought players that didn't do what they promised.

• Motti83
    Options

Vielen Dank für deine Antwort. Das ist alles sehr unbefriedigend. Deejayenzo hatte ja Anfang Dezember 22 den Rane Support angeschrieben, aber nur die Antwort bekommen, dass der Fehler an die entsprechenden Stellen weitergeleitet wird. Seitdem ist anscheinend nicht viel passiert...Könntest oder hast du schon bei Rane ein Support Ticket erstellt?

• Owner
    Options

English below...

Bis jetzt noch nicht, werde aber in den nächsten paar Tagen sicher auch noch ein Ticket beim RANE Support lösen und dann hier wieder Bescheid geben.

---

Not yet, but I will definitely raise a ticket with RANE Support in the next few days and then let you know here.

• Owner
    Options

I opened my ticket at RANE support today:

Ticket Received - Rane DJ Twelve MKII - [#inMusic-187254] - Playhead skipping

• Motti83
    Options

I opened a ticket 2 weeks ago...no answer yet...

• decat_Tf
    decat_Tf Member Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Got me a Rane 12 MKII around new year and experienced both issues too.

The first two or three weeks everything went fine, the hum message came up once in a while but didn't cause trouble.

Then all of a sudden some of my transitions went in train wreck mode. My other deck is a 1200 so it took me a while to find out what was happening. In a one hour time span it occurred maybe 3 of 4 times. I'm just mixing at home, maybe 4 / 5 times a month, so didn't really dug deep to find a solution.

I remember having the issue on 3 to 5 different days somewhere end of January / beginning of February.

It was a while having visited this board and while browsing some topics yesterday this one with Rane Twelve in the title became an instant 'must read now'. 😂

The Rane's behaviour sounded familiar with the issue I had some weeks ago. Only yesterday it jumped to mind that during the last 2 or 3 mixes it didn't happen anymore and frankly got no idea what has been changed boothwise to get it solved. Think I might have swapped the L & R RCA cables of the Rane, it's the only thing that vaguely comes to mind. But could also have done something else, no idea.

Had planned to play some tunes today and will try to keep an eye on it. If it doesn't occur I'll swap the RCA's again to see what happens.

• decat_Tf
    decat_Tf Member Posts: 22 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

update:

played about 4h straight with a little pause between.

Before starting I switched the RCA L+R of the Rane hoping that the issue would appear quickly, but it didn't, didn't switch back the RCA during these 4 hours. So no idea to be honest, while I did had the same issue weeks ago, for an unknown reason it got solved in one way or another and I don't know how. 😑

• Motti83
    Options

No reaction from Rane yet. The more time i spend with this ****, i want to throw these fck Twelves out of the window...and the Z2 too. Ground hum, skipping, backspin skipping. I'm tired of this ****.

• Deejayenzo
    Options

my story went like this: after a few months RANE replied and simply said that for them the problem is traktor. so native instruments replied that according to them the problem is RANE 😆. I understood that the problem is in the 12 signal because when I use phase essential I have no problem, so I exclude a problem with z2.

• Motti83
    Options

Got an answer from Rane:

"please excuse our late response to your enquiry due to a very high volume of traffic recently. the twelve is only connected to your system via usb and only sends out midi commands, so it is unlikely that the problems are caused by the twelve."

I think they don't get the point...