Coming up next for MASCHINE and MASCHINE+

Options

Comments

• NOISIBOI
    NOISIBOI Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Still not anywhere near v3? The software is so clunky and outdated now, let alone the constant freezing/crashing and the pesky AI error. I bought the MPC one primarily so that I could sketch beats without having to open Maschine, which is a real shame as it was my go to and had the potential for greatness. It seems like all the NI budget goes on development of new sound packs and add ons and not a lot of it goes into the Maschine software. I hope this changes as running it alongside my DAW for sketches and sample chops has been a great way to work for a while now.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 430 Pro
    Options

The software is so clunky and outdated now

I don't understand. What about it is clunky? I think it levels up my workflow. Whenever I realize I need to do something in Reaper I immediately start wondering how I can incorporate more of Maschine in that project. It does not do everything. Neither does Reaper and that DAW is awesome for what it aims to do. What would an up-to-date or even futuristic Maschine 3 look like or feel like to you?

• OhulahanBass
    OhulahanBass Member Posts: 137 Pro
    Options

Can't decide what I am most excited about, the stability improvement or the auto sampler!!!!!

• BriFi
    BriFi Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Welp that's underwhelming.

• tehokowhitu
    tehokowhitu Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Hey guys!

I have an mpc one and tbh it’s been a difficult road trying to make music on the thing because in my opinion it’s very technical. When I owned a MK1 MK2 it only took me a month to get the workflow to a T! I wanted to ask if M+ is great to work on without needing a freaking Bible to learn off to make a simple beat. I’ve had my MPC Akai One for a few months now and I’ve almost given up it’s too damn technical for me

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 208 Advisor
    Options

Adhering to the laptop should be optional by 2022 and without a compromise.

What do you think if NI spin-off Maschine+ line (and any future Maschine products) away from the laptop to go just hardware. It would have it's own Maschine "certified" expansion packs, exclusive features and all. They can distill technologies from Traktor and other products into this line of hardware. Got to start somewhere.

• Space Cat 303
    Space Cat 303 Member Posts: 108 Advisor
    Options

Salvation

I was in exactly the same situation as you, I liked the mpc one, but I find its workflow more complicated, I was wasting a lot of time, since I have the Maschine plus, I'm delighted, in the end in a month you will have mastered it perfectly, its workflow is much easier to understand.

• Space Cat 303
    Space Cat 303 Member Posts: 108 Advisor
    Options

I quite agree with that, but the extensions do not cause a problem, it is especially the internal instruments that consume more resources

• Trevor Meier
    Trevor Meier Member Posts: 69 Advisor
    Options

Really nice to get a glimpse into what’s happening at NI. Thanks @Matt_NI for going through the work to share this with us. It’s a step in the right direction for sure.

• Staykool
    Staykool Member Posts: 72 Helper
    Options

Can someone tell me in very simple terms what exactly is auto sampling and why is that important?

• Staykool
    Staykool Member Posts: 72 Helper
    Options

Hi Djadidal. In hindsight, I do appreciate the MK 3 adherence to patterns which is better in my view that "takes "on Logic Pro. However, it took me about 2 months when I first started with Maschine to understand the way patterns and scenes work because i spent my entire life working on DAWs that were linear as opposed to modular. Now that I'm use Maschine I do agree it's ingenious. There weren't as many U tube videos explaining things like we have today.

This discussion has been closed.