Coming up next for MASCHINE and MASCHINE+

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

What ones sees if he observes transpatent object? Pure nothing, more or less.....

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro
    edited February 2022

Inversions are something I actually hoped would be added someday. Thanks! Same goes for autosave.

As for transparency: the most transparent development process I ever came across is Blender. Yes, it's open source and you could say you can't compare these two, but Blender isn't a community owned product or a crowd effort. They have hired developers like any other company, don't they. And these talk for hours about what they are working on and why, responding to questions and so on. You can check their roadmap at any time. And no, they don't do whatever a whiny crowd yells at them to implement. But there is little yelling anyway, due to everyone knowing what the team is up to and what they are not touching right now.

That is the far end of the spectrum. And it's been mind blowing and successful and really enjoyable.

And it is not for everyone.

So, with NSA's hacking tools on the other end of the spectrum, my point is that we all know NI necessarily falls somewhere in between. Where exactly? Transparency is fine, we all love it. Also, most of us really noticed a renewed effort by some great people @NI in these forums to keep an exchange of ideas going. But if we're reading Fifty Shades of Transparency, which page are we on?

(And what are you wearing)...;)

• andreu
    andreu Member Posts: 12 Member

A few more thoughts,

I can't believe each developer can make a decision of what to implement next so it would make more sense that we stop talking about the developers and talk about the managers who are in charge of making the decisions. I wonder if the manager actually makes any music with maschine plus but well this is probably irrelevant.

Transparency is not about revealing any secrets it's about knowing what the users want, by having public roadmaps companies can gauge what features or improvements are what the users really want. This is free for them, instead of spending months developing something to them find out users hate it they can know it beforehand. Unreal engine roadmap is a really good example of it. https://trello.com/b/TTAVI7Ny/ue4-roadmap

Revealing literally 3 features a month before releasing (features that many users are finding not that appealing), after months of development I won't call it transparency. Now NI gets this "complains" thread and they think why should I do this "transparency" if I only get complains. Well is not this type of transparency what is useful, they could learn from unreal engine and epic games, a billion dollar company.

• Kubrak

Maybe that difference is having/maintaining/communicating single one product.... And 100+ products.

Roadmaps are nice, but look at Massive X. NI probably first expected it will be released with K12. With release of K12 NI anounced it will be in half year (or so). And it took several months longer. And even now, almost three years after release some users complain MX is not finished and it lacks basic functions. And many others consider MX the best synth plugin on the globe.....

It is difficult to please all.. And if it is possible there are economical limits...

NI obviously does not want to disclose future plans. It is clear from mere fact, that betatesters of new releases have NDA. And in this case we speak about releasing information, say, few months before product release.,,,

• Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 152 Advisor

@Matt_NI it seems to me that the auto-loop has not been mentioned in the update. It would be nice to add it in the new features.

• Relgado
    Relgado Member Posts: 11 Member

I'm happy at the very least to see the stability of the Maschine+ is being improved. Having to power cycle my device at least 3x a week due to audio glitches is becoming a pain.

• defyosef
    defyosef Member Posts: 34 Member

While I don't mind Apple products nor their users, I am disappointed by how much brainpower they require from software developers utilizing their platform by introducing breaking changes so frequently. Brainpower that could be used to work on new features instead.

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 123 Advisor
    edited February 2022

Then pure consciousness shines through, my friend. If the object (i.e. mind) is fully transparent then pure cosciousness rests in itself.

Once the mind is crystal-clear, we begin to perceive the objects of the world the way they are; our perception is no longer distorted. (Yoga sutra 1.3)

But that is not our topic today.

I also would like to hear about autoloop. We all had the vision, autoloop was there.

• defyosef
    defyosef Member Posts: 34 Member
    edited February 2022

@Matt_NI Is the auto-sampler designed to work internally, i.e. could it be used as a kind of a workaround way to freeze/flatten resource intensive instruments?

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited February 2022

Don't expect anything super fancy like Chicken System's Translator or something. The AutoSampler works very similarly to the one on the MPC, pretty much the same thing. Note I am only replying to simple questions to save @Matt_NI the trouble of checking with the team, waiting for a reply, etc, but I don't know how much detail I can share.

Not sure about reading metadata question, but it's already possible to drag multi-samples into the Zone menu and sort of have them spread thru the ranges but since this is a drag-and-drop operation it does not apply to the M+. Jef explains it here in this video at the 7min mark.

It's not universal or Kontakt based, it makes Maschine Sound Multi-Sample patches.

True, It's a method used in the industry for ages, for any standalone but there are other reasons to use it... Like having a portable version of your real synths, incompatible sw synths, patches with huge fx chains baked in, help save resources even for those who use controllers + laptop, etc, etc...

What you're saying is not speculation, it's factual, at least in regards to M1 compatibility, it's has been publicly stated here a few times. I wouldn't count on things changing radically after it's done tho, there's a thread on the old forum with the date of every MAS version release, look at it to get a sense of how often to expect updates.

Internally or externally. Sure, it can serve that purpose as well as other ones like explained above. Multi-sample patches and "freeze" are very different things tho.

• AlexBuga
    AlexBuga Member Posts: 26 Helper

It's not like that. For iOS apps at least, you just recompile with the latest SDKs. But in companies like NI, this has to be planned and tested thoroughly to make sure everything works. Audio apps are super picky when it comes to CPU. You really need to know what you're doing in code.

• Solncev_
    Solncev_ Member Posts: 42 Helper

auto-sampler OMG.

As an owner of analog equipment, I'm excited with this feature.

• Staykool
    Staykool Member Posts: 72 Helper

Thanks for the update. Development team please put in a plug for re-issue of Komplete Kontrol S61 25th edition in vapor gray. I just bought the Vapor Gray Maschine and I want it to match. There are none available in the world. I know there are lots of people like me. Please just think about it. It will sell out in no time and it's more money for your company which is a good thing.

Thanks for listening.

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 218 Pro
  • Kubrak

So, it needs pretty much human resources.... And for example in case of Massive X, the part of the audio related code has to be rewritten. So, even much more testing required.... And there are 3rd party libraries, that must be recompiled... It may need cooperation with those companies or maybe purchasing licences for a new platform. And many more pecularities....

This discussion has been closed.