selling Maschine MK2 doubt

Krizz22
Krizz22 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

i want to sell my Maschine MK2, however my doubt is related to transfer the licenses, due my maschine came with komplete (select) then i upgraded to standard and finally upgraded to ultimate, if i sell the maschine i must give the standard license, and i will not loose my ultimate upgrade? because i will buy a MAschine MK3 and i feel scared that i dont have the standard license so i'm not able to use the ultimate. hope you can help me.

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Well, it should be OK. Komplete 14 Select should serve as Base Product for your Upgrades....

Unless, it is not possible to upgrade from K14S to K(10/11/12/13). It seems to me, it is possible, but better to check with NI.

Also, it may happen, that SW bundled with MK2 will stay at your account (and new owner receives a new licence). NI has changed the way it handles bundled SW, but not for all old products. So, I do not know, if it applies to MK2. Again, better to check with NI. If it works as I have described, you would not even need new Base Product (e.g. from MK3) as SW bundled with MK2 would stay at your account.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Well, it should be OK. Komplete 14 Select should serve as Base Product for your Upgrades....

Unless, it is not possible to upgrade from K14S to K(10/11/12/13). It seems to me, it is possible, but better to check with NI.

Also, it may happen, that SW bundled with MK2 will stay at your account (and new owner receives a new licence). NI has changed the way it handles bundled SW, but not for all old products. So, I do not know, if it applies to MK2. Again, better to check with NI. If it works as I have described, you would not even need new Base Product (e.g. from MK3) as SW bundled with MK2 would stay at your account.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod

It should be Ok. In any case you can get in touch with my colleagues here to be sure: https://bit.ly/NIsupport_RA