Busy season in progress... Please note that due to a high volume of requests, the response time from our support is currently longer than usual. Chat is temporarily not available. We thank you for your understanding.

selling Maschine MK2 doubt

Krizz22
Krizz22 Member Posts: 1 Noise

i want to sell my Maschine MK2, however my doubt is related to transfer the licenses, due my maschine came with komplete (select) then i upgraded to standard and finally upgraded to ultimate, if i sell the maschine i must give the standard license, and i will not loose my ultimate upgrade? because i will buy a MAschine MK3 and i feel scared that i dont have the standard license so i'm not able to use the ultimate. hope you can help me.

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 1,332 Pulse
    edited November 10 Answer ✓

Well, it should be OK. Komplete 14 Select should serve as Base Product for your Upgrades....

Unless, it is not possible to upgrade from K14S to K(10/11/12/13). It seems to me, it is possible, but better to check with NI.

Also, it may happen, that SW bundled with MK2 will stay at your account (and new owner receives a new licence). NI has changed the way it handles bundled SW, but not for all old products. So, I do not know, if it applies to MK2. Again, better to check with NI. If it works as I have described, you would not even need new Base Product (e.g. from MK3) as SW bundled with MK2 would stay at your account.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 1,332 Pulse
    edited November 10 Answer ✓

Well, it should be OK. Komplete 14 Select should serve as Base Product for your Upgrades....

Unless, it is not possible to upgrade from K14S to K(10/11/12/13). It seems to me, it is possible, but better to check with NI.

Also, it may happen, that SW bundled with MK2 will stay at your account (and new owner receives a new licence). NI has changed the way it handles bundled SW, but not for all old products. So, I do not know, if it applies to MK2. Again, better to check with NI. If it works as I have described, you would not even need new Base Product (e.g. from MK3) as SW bundled with MK2 would stay at your account.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI BerlinCustomer Care Posts: 2,826 mod

It should be Ok. In any case you can get in touch with my colleagues here to be sure: https://bit.ly/NIsupport_RA