rumors about stems

Options
Niourk
Niourk Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited November 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

hi there,

i'm a Traktor user from more than 10 years now, as a lot of my Dj friends are on Serato, i recently could test in their home the Serato beta with stems, it is really really impressive.

i heard few rumors about stems in Traktor 10, that something similar would be comming in Traktor is that correct? i also heard that if it's comming it would be a premium service and users have to pay every month to use this feature whereas for Serato for ex says that it will be a standard feature. did you heard the same thing?

i personnaly don't understand the NI's strategy, if i have to pay for an update and a new features no problem for me but this premium thing with customers foreced to pay every month is super annoying.

hope it's not the case cause i really love Traktor and Native Instruments and would be sad to leave this company.

Tagged:

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,367 Expert
    edited November 2022
    Options

It's not a rumor. It's on the roadmap.

And yes, it will be a Traktor Pro Plus Ultra Supreme Feature.

I think it's about 50 EUR per year? Can't remember the details.

Serato is about 10 to 15 EUR/month. Or 350 EUR one time payment.

Use the software that suits you the best.

• Niourk
    Options

It's not a rumor. It's on the roadmap.

Great then :) thanks for the info

I think it's about 50 EUR per year? Can't remember the details.

Serato is about 10 to 15 EUR/month. Or 350 EUR one time payment.

do you think there is one time payment for life time Ultra Supreme Feature too?

Use the software that suits you the best.

Traktor perfectly suit me but i'm just fed up with all these comercial strategies, once again it's not a question about not paying the new features, i use Traktor in a professional way and so i earn money with this software but the monthly payment for a thing that i do not really own it's not my cup of tea.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,133 Guru
    Options

There's no such thing as Traktor Pro Plus Ultra Supreme. lord-carlos is attempting humour.

The post at the top of the linked thread shows the plans, and there's a product page on the main NI site with pricing details for the monthly sub. No one is "forced" to pay.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,367 Expert
    Options

Nope, Plus is either monthly or yearly. No one time payment: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/traktor/traktor-pro-plus/

And at the moment it only got the Pattern Player and Izotope limiter.

And at the moment it looks like Native Instrument is in no rush with development. Maybe live stem separation is in the next beta, maybe it's Q3 2023. 🤷‍♀️

In the meantime, you can use Nuo Stems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHC8DaD_5P0

• Niourk
    Options

And at the moment it looks like Native Instrument is in no rush with development

well that's a shame :/

when you test what does the Serato Beta with stems it's just incredible, really a game changer.