Maschine MK3 - No Power Supply?

Mike B
Mike B Member Posts: 4 Member
edited February 2023 in Maschine

My Maschine Mk3 didn’t come with a power supply. Not sure what to do? Any suggestions?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Answer ✓

Mk3 is sold without power supply. It is powered from USB. If you get/buy power supply display on Mk3 will be a bit brighter. It does not seem to me that it is needed... I am happy, that USB does the job. What I did not like about older NI controllers is that they needed power supply. One more thing to plug in and care about...

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Answer ✓

Mk3 is sold without power supply. It is powered from USB. If you get/buy power supply display on Mk3 will be a bit brighter. It does not seem to me that it is needed... I am happy, that USB does the job. What I did not like about older NI controllers is that they needed power supply. One more thing to plug in and care about...

• chillosapien
    chillosapien Member Posts: 5 Member

MK3 used to ship w/ a PSU; it no longer does. If you require or want the PSU, it is available from the NI online shop for $25 (USD). MK3 is USB-powered from the computer and does not require external power; however, connecting an external PSU increases the brightness of the illuminated components, which I found useful and necessary.

PS - NI should offer a voucher for the PSU.