View time on MK3 instead of bars/beats

Reefius
Reefius Member Posts: 244 Pro

On the MK3 controller the position of the playhead defaults to bars and beats. Is there any way to switch this to time so I can see the length of my song in minutes and seconds?

I only know how to change this in the software (by right clicking on it), but since I try to avoid looking at the computer screen, I would like to see the time on the controller. I've tried some searches in the manual but didn't find anything.

Also, a way to rename patterns/scenes/clips on the MK3 controller would be nice, just like it's on the Maschine+. That way I can just switch off my computer screen 😎

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer βœ“

Does not appear that there is a setting or Button Combo on the controller to change "Bars and Beats" to "Time". The whole "Right Click" option in the software is not even mentioned in the Manual. renaming from the controller would be great, not sure if it will ever happen though...πŸ˜•

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer βœ“

Does not appear that there is a setting or Button Combo on the controller to change "Bars and Beats" to "Time". The whole "Right Click" option in the software is not even mentioned in the Manual. renaming from the controller would be great, not sure if it will ever happen though...πŸ˜•

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 244 Pro

Thanks @Blindeddie .

I wonder if it's the same on Maschine+. There should at least be one way to display the song length on a standalone device.