No aftertouch in Maschine

Options
2»

Answers

• Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 139 Helper
    Options

I don’t believe it either. My comment was written and intended as sarcasm. It’s one of the reasons I’m being increasingly drawn away from Maschine as a serious tool for creating my music. No problems with aftertouch using my NI keyboard within a third party DAW using NI plug-ins that support it. It’s a ridiculous situation that a company can’t fully support their own products but third parties products just work and further more have no plans to give what many of their customers have asked for.

I don’t recall ever reading a disclaimer when purchasing my NI keyboard that aftertouch will not work in their own software.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,742 mod
    edited April 2023
    Options

OK now we have Apple Silicon and VST3 sorted please make bringing Maschine into the 21st century with regard to midi expression a priority. This means not just support for channel aftertouch, which it is absurd that Maschine doesn't support already considering it is supported by their own flagship keyboards and a key modulator in their flagship synth (Massive X), but also polyphonic aftertouch, MPE, MIDI 2 and MTS-ESP.

• Kymeia
    Options

Also please revert this from being 'answered' - with all due respect to the mods, it was not

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,064 mod
    Options

It is anwered in the sense that the information is - maschine does not have that feature - unfortunately also in my opinion, we cannot answer it here like "it will be implemented on the ....."

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

Hmmm ....

Kind of tricky because this new forum has Q&A question-threads with the answered / unanswered system, I think the OP's question is "answered" apart from the "why?" which will never be answered by NI. So, If the "where do I request" is not enough to mark it as answered then what would? Actually implementing aftertouch? That would make sense in a Feature Request thread more than in a Q&A thread...

If this was a discussion-thread instead of a question-thread then it would remain open forever... Discussion threads don't have a "solved" / "best answer" tag. I could edit it but it's more up to the OP.

• Kymeia
    Options

Ok I probably shouldn’t have said that if it’s diverting from the main issue

• Kymeia
    Options

It was a feature request thread for many years on the old forum

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

Not a problem, healthy discussion.

Yes but this one is a question. Back in the old forum we had a section for requests, i would merge a bunch of the same or just direct people towards the main request thread, they would get an implemented tag if that ever happened.

In this new forum we only have that for Traktor afaik, for Maschine theres just a feature request tag, which everyone is free to use, you can make one if you wish.

• Kymeia
    edited April 2023
    Options

OK I made it a FR thread

We really could do with that in all forums and with a voting feature though

• MechMasterMechanic
    MechMasterMechanic Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

This is a real bummer. Like others have stated, I can't use it to record what I would like to record without this feature. So I have to record at least those parts elsewhere. I love the maschine mk3 though, so nice to switch up instruments and patches amazingly quickly.

• Kymeia
    edited August 2023
    Options

People often underestimate the value of aftertouch, if a keyboard has it it's a great way to have additional expression literally at the tips of your fingers. Most things like modwheel, pitchbend or macro knobs require taking one hand off the keys, or using another appendage as in foot pedals. With aftertouch there is nothing to distract you from playing the keyboard with feeling and expression and feeling a closer connection to it. Even better with poly aftertouch of course.

• 2A2E
    2A2E Member Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Any news? Now that more and more controllers pop up with PAT? Even the new NI Komplete series?

• Infrabass
    Infrabass Member Posts: 39 Member
    Options

W

T

F

I can't believe it.

In 2024 🤯