Busy season in progress... Please note that due to a high volume of requests, the response time from our support is currently longer than usual. Chat is temporarily not available. We thank you for your understanding.

StandAlone maschine mk3 + ableton live = Link, Start stop Buton

PspkCz
PspkCz Member Posts: 4 Sine

Hi guys,

I would like to ask you for help because Im overhelmed by setting and trying things, I want contiue compose but these settings taking my energy...

According to my reasearch I decidet to use my Ableton porject and maschine app connected with link. Pushing link button is not problem, everything is connected BUT.

When Im pressing play button on maschine, only maschine app will start playing..

I need to set also ableton to play and stop same time because:

I have opened project with 16th bars and on maschine aswel, than i want to record fx and groove on maschine and than simply drag and drop what i created from maschine to ableton = because i want to have full acces with maschine controler with maschine app and dont have letancy and ***** according to my research on youtube. Also i wasnt quite happy using maschine as a VSTI...

please give to me your advice how you work in combo with maschine and ableton and how can I set this beasts.

Working on last update M1 max, last update of maschine.app and firmware in maschine mk3 ..

In ableton setting : start stop button is ON,

I tried in midi setting diferent setting with maschine but without good result..

I tried also change midiCC ( play 94, stop 93 or somehow like that ) in native control but im not sure if i did good

Thank you for help

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One PortugalModerator Posts: 819 mod
    edited October 12 Answer ✓

Maschine uses an old version of Link, they never updated it to the 2017 version that has start/stop sync... 🤷‍♂️

For your purposes good old MIDI Clock works fine, all you need to set it up is:

Since you're on Mac you can even go a step further and route Maschine software Pads/Groups to Ableton tracks via audio drivers like BlackHole.

Answers

• D-One
    edited October 12 Answer ✓

Maschine uses an old version of Link, they never updated it to the 2017 version that has start/stop sync... 🤷‍♂️

For your purposes good old MIDI Clock works fine, all you need to set it up is:

Since you're on Mac you can even go a step further and route Maschine software Pads/Groups to Ableton tracks via audio drivers like BlackHole.

• PspkCz

thank you i will try it, im using loopback audio , btw good idea :-)

• PspkCz

ok it worked ! Thank you !

understand i Well ? :

Maschine 2 virtual input output -> Maschine.app ?

Maschine 2 mk3 -> is maschine HW in maschine mode ?

Maschine 2 mk3 virtual input output -> is maschine HW in midi mode ?

• Anton
    Anton Member Posts: 1 Noise

I have both Mashine mk3 and komplete kontrol s49 HW - for both i arranged midi remote scripts and user remote scripts, daw is ableton live 11 and maschine as vst.

If I using pads (MK3 as midi)- transparent functions is from komplete kontrol as ableton instance

If I using keys (komplete MK2 as midi)- transparent functions is from Mashine mk3 as ableton instance

For this moment the only button i need to press is space button in pc keyboard for play - all the rest is from both HW - this is also piece me of, will try again to deal with it.

if you want to spend 55$ buy it from remotify (only for now black Friday) you can build one own customized surface

• D-One
    edited December 1

Sorry I missed your question. Mk1, Mk2, MK3, doesn't matter, the HW has nothing to do with any of this, it's all software-based, it will work even with the HW disconnected. If MAS Sw starts playing then it sends a start message to Ableton so yes, you can use Maschine HW Mode, no need for MIDI Mode.

In my screenshot, Maschine SW Virtual Out just sends MIDI Clock to Ableton, since the MAS controller can trigger the software everything just works.

I have Remotify but you really don't need such a fancy tool if all you want is transport control, just enable Host Transport Control.