Busy season in progress... Please note that due to a high volume of requests, the response time from our support is currently longer than usual. Chat is temporarily not available. We thank you for your understanding.

Maschine and Massive?

JuneBaby
JuneBaby Member Posts: 3 Sine

Hello All -

New member here, have a question about Massive VST. I picked up a Mikro, I purchased Maschine 2 software, the Maschine Factory selection, got all the Komplete start products, and also grabbed 10 expansions during my time plus Burnt Hues + Stacks.

My question is was I supposed to receive Massive as part of one of these products? There are sounds that i can't use (mainly those juicy basses in many kits) because Massive VST isn't found when trying to load the kit into Maschine. I have found a Massive folder already in my Public area but cannot find the VST itself actually anywhere. In my NI account however, no record of Massive being a part of what I own. Am I missing something or am I out of luck and forced to buy Massive by itself?

Thank you in advance.

-LongLiveJuneBaby

Best Answer

• ozon
    ozon SwitzerlandMember Posts: 617 Saw
    Answer ✓

Massive has been packaged with Maschine since version 2.0 of the software IIRC, but I don’t know whether that was the case for the Mikro as well. IMO, you should have gotten separate hardware and software license keys from GC.

In that case I suggest you contact NI customer support. They should be able to sort this out for you.

Answers

• ozon
    edited October 3

Which version of the Mikro are you talking about? The current one should come with all this software after registering the hardware:

• MASCHINE Essentials (full Maschine application plus 1.6 GB Factory Selection) provided as a download upon hardware registration 
    • Full versions of three popular KOMPLETE plugins, available for download from Native Access after hardware registration:
      • MASSIVE - heavyweight virtual analog synthesizer
      • MONARK – iconic mono synth
      • REAKTOR PRISM – flexible polyphonic synthesizer

For earlier versions, they should come with separate software licenses.

• JuneBaby

Thank you for your response. Its an original Mikro, bought it used from GC - 1st gen i guess you say. I registered and purchased maybe a year ago but life got hectic until now. Am i right to assume that maybe they started giving massive away after i registered? Why include sounds that require Massive if i can't use them? Thank you kindly.

• ozon
    Answer ✓

Massive has been packaged with Maschine since version 2.0 of the software IIRC, but I don’t know whether that was the case for the Mikro as well. IMO, you should have gotten separate hardware and software license keys from GC.

In that case I suggest you contact NI customer support. They should be able to sort this out for you.

• JuneBaby

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.