.aifc compatability with Traktor

TheCardiologist
TheCardiologist Member Posts: 3 Member
edited January 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Some recent tracks I’ve downloaded have come with the .aifc file extension. They will not import into the track collection but if I change the extension to .aiff all seems good. Generally I know its not a great idea to change file extensions but anyone see a problem with this? Obviously it would be better if there was a software fix to just allow the .aifc extension (because they do seem to load/analyse etc etc) - any news on that?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

AIFC is not supported by Traktor unfortunately. You can find a list of all supported audio formats here.

I've heard somewhere that converting AIFC to AIFF is totally fine. However, it's recommended to use a conversion software instead of just renaming the extension.

Let's loop our Traktor pro resident @Ryan_NI to the post in case he can shed some lights on this.

• TheCardiologist
    Answer ✓

Thanks @Ryan_NI and @Nico_NI for the advice on conversion. So this turned out to be a browser issue with Chrome. When I contacted Beatport they refreshed my downloads and I retried using Safari - all good and downloaded as normal as .aiff Had only recently switched to Chrome so never had this issue before. Apparently a known issue. Excellent support from Beatport BTW 😃

Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

AIFC is not supported by Traktor unfortunately. You can find a list of all supported audio formats here.

I've heard somewhere that converting AIFC to AIFF is totally fine. However, it's recommended to use a conversion software instead of just renaming the extension.

Let's loop our Traktor pro resident @Ryan_NI to the post in case he can shed some lights on this.

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod

@Kaiwan_NI is absolutely correct and the article they've listed is the one that I would have suggested as well - thanks for that!

It should be possible to convert and be playable, but not with 100% guarantee. as @Kaiwan_NI mentioned, you'll need to use a conversion software. sometimes, depending on the file format, this is even possible with iTunes/Apple Music.

Let me know if you have any issues :)

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

A nice (and free) conversion software for audio I'd recommend: MediaHuman 🙌

• TheCardiologist

Thanks for the info. Interestingly a lot of these tracks came from Beatport who I would have thought should know better…

• TheCardiologist
    Answer ✓

Thanks @Ryan_NI and @Nico_NI for the advice on conversion. So this turned out to be a browser issue with Chrome. When I contacted Beatport they refreshed my downloads and I retried using Safari - all good and downloaded as normal as .aiff Had only recently switched to Chrome so never had this issue before. Apparently a known issue. Excellent support from Beatport BTW 😃