Downloading Controller Editor failed: Could not reach the download server

System
System Posts: 29 admin
edited August 2022 in Native Access

This discussion was created from comments split from: Controller Editor Fails to Download on MacOs Catalina (10.15).

Tagged:

Comments

• Greg2
    Greg2 Member Posts: 6 Member

I get "Downloading Controller Editor failed: Could not reach the download server. Are you connected to the internet." This occurred right after a successful download of Guitar Rig Pro so I know my internet connection to NI has been working just fine. I'm using Mac Monterey 12.5.1. I have controller editor 2.7.3 installed while the updater offers 2.7.4. As long as 2.7.3 keeps working with Maschine I'm ok, but this still is an outstanding issue that needs to be addressed for long term support of our controllers.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited August 2022

@Greg2 I created a new post, since the post where you posted specifically addresses an issue on Catalina with different symptoms. Can you post screenshots of these error messages? As well as the available update of CE in Native Access ?

• Headfirstonly
    Headfirstonly Member Posts: 13 Member
    edited August 2022

I'm having the same issue (on Windows 10), but only with version 1 of Native Access. My internet connection seems to be working fine for everything else. I've just installed version 2 of NA and no update is shown for Controller Editor.

• Headfirstonly

However, the new version of Native Access isn't too sure about which version I'm using. Is it version 2.7.3:

...or (if I click on the Release Notes option) is it version 2.6.2?

• Headfirstonly

Just checked and I have version 2.7.3 installed.

• Ickehier
    Ickehier Member Posts: 4 Member

Same issue here on three different Macs with internet working flawlessly.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Headfirstonly @Greg2 @Ickehier Thanks for the screenshots and for the report. I'll get some info from the Native Access team. In the meantime I's recommend to stick with Controller 2.7.3.