Traktor Remix Decks - bad or bug?

2»

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod

Here is the S4Mk3 mapping that takes care of the sequencer:

Write if is has any sort of malfunction. My controller is not at hand to retest.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 568 Pro

I never knew why, I seem to remember posting quite a while back that remix decks were not working for me. This is exactly what happened.

I was switching back and forth between sequencer and remix decks! Thanks

The dumb part was that I was showing someone how to use the F1 with a set I made.

• MrCee
    MrCee Member Posts: 60 Advisor
    edited January 2023

@Sûlherokhh We are trying to achieve the exact same thing, this .tsi import brings it in to the GUI settings but nothing works at my end. Cannot actually press play. I'll play around with this concept though. Thank you. I'm on MacOS Ventura Traktor 3.7.1 337

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod
    edited January 2023

Make sure that this is the only mapping for the controller in the controller manager. If you have two of the factory mappings in place, all button toggles (ON/OFF) get applied twice, thus PLAY will start the track AND stop it right away. Same with SYNC etc.

• MrCee
    edited January 2023

Actually this is a great start and thanks for the heads up that "all button toggles (ON/OFF) get applied twice".

I deleted previous mappings and this brings back the quantized loop functionality of the remix decks without a restart. Nice work! Awesome!

I think the .tsi needs a small tweak, and you mentioned you don't have your controller on hand to check, I'm happy to give it a go and post back... (I'm certainly not complaining you have helped many just now)... All I need to do is get the sequencer operational again. For whatever reason, I can't put it back to record sequencer mode.

I'm sure it's just something I'm overlooking at the moment.

Thanks so much.

• Terrordisco
    Terrordisco Member Posts: 42 Advisor

Not in the position to test now, will take a look when I can.

• Terrordisco
    Terrordisco Member Posts: 42 Advisor

@ ni support - I'd rather not have to be mindful of settings. That makes it all stressful, complicated, something to avoid, something to absolutely not play around with during gigs.

@Sûlherokhh thanks, I'll check this out.

• MrCee

I have recorded the bug on video and NI support are looking into it.

• MrCee
    Answer ✓

Just getting back to you. NI has recorded this with the internal reference: TP-17745 and writes:

Unfortunately, this is an ongoing bug that is already being investigated by our team. Here you have the Bug ID for reference:

TP-17745 - Once entered in "record" mode for a remix deck, no way to get back quantization

• dankjuggler
    dankjuggler Member Posts: 10 Member

Having a similar issue when using Remix Decks on a S4MK3, and a sample is on Gate mode. after pressing the record button, the sample refuses to play at all unless i switch it to Latch mode. If i load the same remix deck on another deck, the Gate mode samples will play normally, but it can repeat if i press the record button. The only way to get it back to normal is to reset Traktor, which is not ideal.

Don't S4mk3 owners deserve better service than this?

• MrCee
    edited May 2023

You've explained this perfectly. It is similar. I've recorded on video and uploaded these test points to NI.

@Kaiwan_NI Are you able to help us with further information how internal ticket TP-17745 is progressing?

It's an advertised function that now has bad code surrounding it.