Komplete Kontrol integration troubles in Pro Tools

julienbrx
julienbrx Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited January 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

It's been a long time I have this issue : I have Komplete Kontrol S88 MK1 and Komplete Kontrol A25. In standalone mode, they work properly with the Kommplete Kontrol plug but when I launch komplete kontrol plug in Pro Tools, both keybords remain in midi mode... as if there was no NKS integration.

I've talked to NI support twice, but they were not able to solve my problem.

Any idea ?

Best Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert
    Answer ✓

Only 1 keyboard will work at a time (KK will not work well at all when 2 are connected) so as a course of testing, disconnect 1 keyboard and test if that works.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

Hey Julien,

I'm afraid my colleagues might have overlooked a couple of things. I'd like to apologise on their behalf.

There is a known issue, and it's been more proeminent lately, with FB360 plug-ins that are known to interfere with our keyboards and controllers.

Please navigate to this location: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/audio/Plug-ins

Remove all FB360 plug-ins from that folder, you can put them in the unused Plug-Ins.

Open Pro Tools now. Please try with one keyboard at the time, as @JesterMgee suggested. Is the MK1 working now, is the A25 ?

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert
    Answer ✓

Only 1 keyboard will work at a time (KK will not work well at all when 2 are connected) so as a course of testing, disconnect 1 keyboard and test if that works.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

Hey Julien,

I'm afraid my colleagues might have overlooked a couple of things. I'd like to apologise on their behalf.

There is a known issue, and it's been more proeminent lately, with FB360 plug-ins that are known to interfere with our keyboards and controllers.

Please navigate to this location: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/audio/Plug-ins

Remove all FB360 plug-ins from that folder, you can put them in the unused Plug-Ins.

Open Pro Tools now. Please try with one keyboard at the time, as @JesterMgee suggested. Is the MK1 working now, is the A25 ?

• julienbrx
    julienbrx Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

OMG !!! It Works!!!!

I've been working in midi mode only for monthes! (years?).

I tried one keyboard at a time and both are working properly. Many thanks both of you!! :-)

• fabzem
    fabzem Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I tryed this but I got still the same issue with protools 2019 ! Each time i have to go ap suport remove komplete db3 as recommanded on the NI website, and then remove also the favorites.db3 in the shred file. Yhen when i restart komplete the S61 is ok. I can ax-ccess to all the libraries with it, also in ableton live but as soon as i try to use it in PTools, it's not working anymore and to none of y app (komplete stand alone and ableton) !!

Any Ideas guys ?

• Jeremy_NI

@fabzem Is it only the Komplete Kontrol host integration that is not functional? This feature requires Pro Tools 2021/10 or later, and is not available with the S-Series MK1 keyboards, as staed in this article:

How to Integrate KOMPLETE KONTROL with Your DAW

You mention Pro Tools 2019 so there will be no host integration, or do you mean you have other issues within Pro Tools with Komplete Kontrol. If that is the case it would be different from the OP. Can you give more details then? Can you load a Komplete Kontrol plug-in in Pro Tools and does it communicate with the keyboard?