Any ideas on lowering space occupied by large Symphony Series files?

Michael Edell
Michael Edell Member Posts: 1 Member

Hi,

I have several Symphony Series libraries. The program files occupy a considerable amount of space on my C: drive. The libraries are installed in separate hard drives on my Windows 10 PC. I have uninstalled the ones I seldom use, but I am still at 85% disk capacity on my main drive. Aside from uninstalling then reinstalling a specific series as needed, are there any other strategies to consider? Many thanks!

Michael

Comments

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 239 Advisor

Larger hard drive?

uninstall apps not being used from apps control panel, do windows update files purge, teinstall any sound libraries to external drive that got installed to c drive, clear vache in web browser, check documents folder and move files to external drive, same with downloads, etc.

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited August 2022

The ENTIRE Symphony Series [NOT Symphony Essentials] collection takes up ~170.7Gb of library space (for samples) and since they run in Kontakt, and it (ONLY) is required/preferred to reside on the C:drive, with a combined (SAL executable & VST64 plugin) footprint of only ~200Mb, it may be that you have installed the LIBRARY samples on your boot drive inadvertently.

Think about moving the sample library to an external or different drive.

You will find articles in the Knowledgebase about how to do that safely.

• dexl
    dexl Member Posts: 49 Member

How much RAM do I need to run the entire Symphony Series?

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

It deepends.... What do you mean by to run entire Symphony Series? By one patch from each Library, all patches from all Libraries, multiple instances, or what?

You may need a lot of RAM if wanting to use many instruments in one project.

• dexl
    dexl Member Posts: 49 Member
    edited July 2023

I am trying to load each library with all its patches, it seems 16GB will not be enough. There's no info on the product page regarding RAM system requirements to run this library. Or is there? Any workarounds or tips on how to load/work with such a huge library?

Obviously, I won't be using ALL of it in the song, but I would like to have everything loaded to see what options I can choose from. Even with "purge all samples" it is too big to load.