Some installations fail, others install fine

tycholino
tycholino Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited July 2022 in Native Access

I'm migrating over to a new computer (M1 from an intel-based Mac), and keep all my samples on an external SSD.

As part of my system transfer, I decided to just wipe my external SSD and start from scratch, since some of the software needs to have a special M1 version. I have installed Native Access and have started the process of reinstalling the libraries I want, but some of them fail installation with no reason given. Not sure what to think about this, since others were installed properly.

Some libraries that were installed properly:

• Absynth 5
  • Guitar Rig 6
  • Komplete Kontrol
  • Kontakt

Some libraries that fail without explanation:

• Session horns
  • Session strings
  • The Gentleman
  • Kontakt Factory Library
  • India
  • The Giant

Interestingly, the content location I specify on the hard-drive doesn't seem to be working properly, and that directory is left empty, even though I can use VSTs like Guitar Rig, seemingly without issue.

However, despite having changed this install locations, it seems like some VSTs are determined to go in the old default path of /Users/Shared/. I'm not sure why this is.

I've already tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling NI software as per these instructions: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209569069-How-to-Uninstall-Native-Instruments-Software-and-Drivers-from-a-Windows-Computer

And I've gone through all the M1 compatibility docs for NI.

Any ideas on how to go about debugging this?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• tycholino
    Answer ✓

Figured this out with some help from support,

The solution was in Mac System Preferences - Security & Privacy and giving Full Disk Access to Kontakt, then restarting computer

Answers

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited July 2022

Did you make sure to give the appropriate permissions to your App and Content folders?

It can happen that the access to files has not been fully granted which cause installation to fail as 'unknown error'.

• tycholino
    Answer ✓

Figured this out with some help from support,

The solution was in Mac System Preferences - Security & Privacy and giving Full Disk Access to Kontakt, then restarting computer