Native Acess 2 "Dependency installation process is taking longer than normal..."

Options
1234568»

Answers

• symetrikdesign
    symetrikdesign Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I just bought a new Traktor S2 MK3 to replace my Trakstor S2 MK2, which had a failed circuit board.

My previous configuration was:

MacOS High Sierra (10.13)

Native Access 2 (not sure which version, but it was pretty old).

Traktor 2.11

I just upgraded the laptop from MacOS High Sierra (10.13) to MacOS Catalina (10.15) with all subsequent MacOS updates. Then I upgraded Native Access 2 to Native Access 3.1.1 and it got stuck on the "Dependency installation process is taking longer than normal" error, which led me to this thread.

I forced quit the Native Access upgrade/installer.

I installed AppCleaner, which is available at https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

I used this to completely remove Native Access. Please note that you should not remove your \Applications\Native Instruments folder, only the /Applications/Native Access.app.

I then rebooted and downloaded Native Access 3.1.1 installer again and it ran successfully.

I was then able to upgrade Traktor 2 to Traktor 3 Pro, which is required for the new Traktor S2 MK3.

Hope this helps some MacOS user out there.

• athema
    athema Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited May 2023
    Options

Wow, so this issue is running strong for a year now.

And uhm. You have not a problem when your users using older yet more reliable systems and paying for something you are locking away with arbitrary restrictions?

I just want to use a software I'm paying for. Yet I can't cause "library was created to use with recent Kontakt". Yet I can't use recent Kontakt? what's the point?

I'm using more reliable system, wich is faster and snappier than slow as heck Windows 10 and want to use it there.

I've tried anything you were suggesting, for now I could just pirate Kontakt 7 and i'm sure it will run just fine under Windows 7

• ChristianL
    ChristianL Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

This seem to be a discussion that has been going on for quite some time. Now it is 2024 and today, when I started up NA and updated Kontakt (without issues) I was prompted to update the NA itself. And what happens...

I consider this to be totally unacceptable. Especially since I've tried all the proposed "solutions". Do NI really expect me tobuy software from someone who cannot deliver a stable installer?

• Hardy Tilger
    Hardy Tilger Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    Options

It 07. of April and this problem is not fixed yet.

Can´t install or run NTKDaemon and thus can´t activate my f***ing bought software.

I hav a brand new laptop with win 11 pro 64bit, and NA just f***ing doesn´t work. I´ve tried all the official advices and non of them worked for me.

NI get your sh** together and make NA work!