Status on m1/m2 update?

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• JUStheMC
    JUStheMC Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

So tired of this. I have owned every single piece of software this company has made. Almost every piece of hardware. I was a 1st gen maschine user back when the Mpc was still 💩’n on em. You have to do more than just make good looking interfaces. The same producers that make your sample packs make the same sounds for open source platforms. This two year lag in functionality is it for me. I am currently and painstakingly converting all my maschine projects to midi projects and I’m re importing them into my daw. Once I’m done I’m getting off this train.

it’s ironic that your finally in the same position that the mpc was when you came along and changed the game. You took advantage of akai when they were not keeping up with the times. Now we have come full circle. And in a much shorter time span. You are the one that is alienating your supporters and you are the one that will lose the market share this time.

hopefully I will be around to see you come back as hard as the mpc did this last few years. I miss the competition.

but for the two to three days of time I have spent trying to get your pretty low bit software to run on my MacBook Pro. I can honestly say it’s time for us to move on. It’s not me. It’s you. Thanks for the memories.

I would suggest that if you have native gear. You sell now while there are still people producing on computers that run this stuff ✌🏻

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    Options

Here the Reaktor 6.5.0: Announcing start of Beta phase for January 2023

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/8851/reaktor-6-5-0-announcing-start-of-beta-phase-for-january-2023#latest

• Add native Apple M1 support
    • Add Reaktor as a VST3 plugin

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    edited January 2023
    Options

I am happy that AS transition is close to be complete for NI. I am rather tired from neverending complaints from some Mac users....

But yearly complaints, that NI does not support newest MacOS will probably go eternally on....

• iNate
    iNate Member Posts: 169 Advisor
    Options

I have a Windows Desktop, a Windows Laptop and a MacBook Pro... So I am both a Mac User and a Windows User.

While I agree that people can be impatient when it comes to expecting super fast turn around on support for new platforms or architectures, Native Instruments is really slow when it comes to supporting these products.

The issue isn't that NI doesn't support new macOS releases. It's that they take longer than other companies to roll it out... to the point that people are stuck running DAWs under Rosetta 2 JUST for Native Instruments - when they have plug-ins, etc. from 20 other vendors who have made the transition. NI is holding them back, and often forcing them to bleed performance just to use their products.

You sound so invested in making it your business to care about the feedback those users are giving NI. That's for NI to see and consider, not for you to sit on the forum and debate with them about.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

That is life. If one changes platform, or even OS version, he may expect certain problems. We may discuss, if NI could be faster in transition, or not. That is all we can do.

For example Pro Tools became AS native two weeks ago. And it is only beta. Are they "loosers"? No, things simply may take time. For some products less time, for other more, for yet others, like Reaktor, much, much more.

• Tigersharc
    Tigersharc Member Posts: 59 Helper
    Options

Well Apple just announced the new Mac Book Pro 14/16 in M2 Pro/Max models today. Regardless of what is compatible I am buying a 16 inch Mac Book M2 Max. I currently have a 2015 IMac and a 2019 intel Mac Book. Both have their issues that make working on music a hassle. I will keep one of the two until NI is closer to putting out what software is compatible with M2. I have waited far to long for a computer.... Must have it now......😍