Installing expansions from USB disk Komplete Ultimate CE on Maschine+ (?)

2»

Comments

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 997 Guru

Considering that NI sell the Komplete collections on hardware drives, it would be useful if those drives could be plugged into the M+ and then some kind of "local install mode" enabled.

The WiFi is too slow for large or multiple installs.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert
    edited July 2022

Currently installing Vintage Organs (1.4GB) outside on the balcony where Wifi is not very strong and there are about ten other competing networks in the neighborhood. 6 minutes for 1GB. Download finished after about 9 minutes. Installation took another 3.5 Minutes. Total installation time 13 minutes.

Let’s assume a 1GB average size and a 10 minute overall installation time for each Expansion, then we get 500 minutes for 50 Expansions or roughly 8 - 9 hours. That is a considerable amount of time but it is far from „days or weeks“ as by the OP suggested.

And considering this function is normally used only once per installed item, I prefer NI to spend resources (time and/or money) in different areas than on Wifi speed.

• Kafel
    Kafel Member Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2022

I have another problem now. The memory on the SD card has shrunk to 80GB (from 250GB) after installing multiple Expansions. However, I still don't see them in Maschine +. What's more, when I go back to the available download, I can still see 47 expansions for download. It looks like I have the ghosts of these expansions on the SD card which take up 170GB for me, but I can't see them and the system doesn't see them either because I still offer 47 expansions to download.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert
    edited July 2022

Well. That’s why I asked whether you have sufficient space on the SD card. You probably shouldn’t have started installing all Expansions at the same time.

The SD card needs to be rescanned to make new content show up in the browser. Scanning is very slow if there is a large number of other downloads and installs running at the same time.

Do you see any progress? Can you pause running downloads? If so, I’d try to pause all except for maybe 5. Then wait until those 5 finished. Then resume another 5. Check the disk usage in between. Should actually go down after a couple of installations finished.

• Kafel
    Kafel Member Posts: 9 Member

Yes, I came to these conclusions myself. Yesterday I formatted the card, put Maschine close to the router and download several expansions at once, doing rescan from time to time. I also ordered a 1TB SD card because I can already see that all expansions from Komplete CE will not fit into 256GB.