Maschine + Keyboard

Options
2»

Comments

• Lee Stone
    Lee Stone Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Perhaps NI will move on and develop a new hybrid unit (Maschine+/Komplete Kontrol) that will implement many of the great suggestions in this thread . . . Interesting times ahead.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    edited July 2022
    Options

Concerning faders. What about Maschine Jam? It extends MK3/M+ considerably. And not only 8 touch stripes, but also 8x8 pad matrix serving well as piano roll and sequencer....

It is not produced/sold anymore, but one may get one secondhand. It is great mystery for me, why NI stopped production without replacement....

Look at this. :-DDD (It is not mine setup, I have found it on web...)

• Space Cat 303
    Space Cat 303 Member Posts: 108 Advisor
    Options

This is my setup, what you say is that in a single 61 key keyboard

• Lee Stone
    Lee Stone Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Correct, an all-in-one unit. In various keyboard versions (49, 61, 88).

• YentheSage
    YentheSage Member Posts: 12 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

There is a whole series of plugins that use the same back end as Raum and Phasis for example, if they are not able/allowed to even port those (Bite/Choral/Dirt/Flair/Freak) then forget about it, it is what it is and use it as is.

At the very least, I would like to see those plugins on the M+.

I would also like to see the Premium Tube Series and the Vintage Compressors added to it as well. That would be icing on the cake. All in all, the M+ is still a beast and I appreciate NI for it!

• hubiedubie
    hubiedubie Member Posts: 12 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

It is a beast alright and since the stability issues have been mostly resolved it has fulfilled it’s original premise. The big problem for NI is that the competition have leapfrogged them with multiple highly desirable instrument, software and hardware updates whilst NI have been grappling with stability issues. From memory Akai’s initial launch of the MPC touch wasn’t too dissimilar. Hopefully they now have the bandwidth and resources to squeeze as much as possible out of these devices and launch new innovative products onto the platform.

• YentheSage
    YentheSage Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I 100% agree.

• Cretin Dilettante
    Cretin Dilettante Member Posts: 129 Advisor
    Options

This. Also I just want the Plus to be stable as hell and for the software to finally allow people to automate time signature and BPM changes, Record Lock State performances, and maybe some probability-based sequencing. With the way the M+ is currently, I'm plenty satisfied and can work around its inherent limitations; I can autosample & resample everything hogging CPU within a project so that it can come with me to the gig, I just want them to finish the sequencer.