Controller Manager and Midi Mapping

DigitalJunkie
DigitalJunkie Member Posts: 3 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Hey guys. I've been trying to figure this out for awhile now but I cant. So I mapped CuePause and Sync(Hold) to the cue button so that anytime I load a track all I have to do is push cue to sync the bpm to the playing track while still allowing me to beatmatch manually. It worked just great for 2 decks. Now that I've started to use 3 decks though I've run into an issue. I cant figure out how to map the cue button for deck C so that it doesn't pause deck A while deck A and B are playing together. I'm assuming there is a way to do it with modifiers but I just can't grasp how to work with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Worse comes to worse I'll just map a different button for deck C and D

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod
    Answer ✓

You will need two modifiers. One for each side of the controller.

Modifier 1 = 0 mapped to Deck A selector.

Modifier 1 = 1 mapped to Deck C selector.

Then create the sync command entries for Sync A and Sync C and map both to your CUE button.

Finally use modifier conditions to determine which deck will be synced. For Deck A Sync assign M1=0 and for Deck C Sync assign M1=1

Do the same on the other side of the controller with a new modifier.

Answers

• Noisey
    Noisey Member Posts: 11 Member

First of all would be helpful to know what controller are You using and is the CUE button shared with Decks A/B/C/D??

• DigitalJunkie

I guess I should have stated what controller I'm using. Sorry. I'm using the S4 MK3 with default mapping. Not sure what you mean by shared with Decks A/B/C/D. I've assigned the left cue button to Cue and Sync(Hold) for deck A and C and the right cue to Cue and Sync(Hold) for deck B and D.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

Maybe this is a ready 4 deck mapping you could like. But modifiers are really straight forward, you have a button or more to set the state of the modifiers, then you can set this modifiers + required state as a dependency for a button to work, so on your case, let's say you have a modifier that can be 0 and 1, so first cue works if it is 0 the second cue works if it is 1. This describes a simple shift function, but it can be more complex if needed.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod
    Answer ✓

You will need two modifiers. One for each side of the controller.

Modifier 1 = 0 mapped to Deck A selector.

Modifier 1 = 1 mapped to Deck C selector.

Then create the sync command entries for Sync A and Sync C and map both to your CUE button.

Finally use modifier conditions to determine which deck will be synced. For Deck A Sync assign M1=0 and for Deck C Sync assign M1=1

Do the same on the other side of the controller with a new modifier.

• DigitalJunkie

Thank you guys. I appreciate all the responses.