Instant live Stems separation

Options
2»

Comments

• Frosty1
    Frosty1 Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

The Feature Roadmap suggests this will be available in the Plus version rather than Traktor 4. I will happily pay for the Plus version to get this essential feature.

• gilbo22
    gilbo22 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Have an S3 and two F1s. Love using STEMs but the hassle of separating manually has ended up in me using them less than I want to. I'll gladly subscribe to plus and check the instant separation out. I have no doubt NI will deliver something that's top of the line. Then again, I'm seriously considering new options if we hear no news in the next few months.

• Exequiel
    Exequiel Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I would like Traktor PRO one day to have the tool with artificial intelligence to filter acapellas and instrumentals with just one button. The Stem Creator tool was left behind :(. Native Instruments, do you plan to one day integrate the tool that Serato and Virtual DJ already have?

• Lancelot
    Lancelot Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Serato DJ pro has had stem separation on the fly with compatible controllers for quite a while.

• Lancelot
    Lancelot Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Serato DJ pro has had stem separation on the fly with compatible controllers for quite a while.

• ShakaRank2023
    ShakaRank2023 Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

@ Frosty1 , your suggestion is very interesting, however in my opinion this will be a real challenge for NI Engineers. Indeed STEM is a great feature on musically aspect, the problem is when you seperate instrumentals (Bass, voice, drum etc..) you need to process mastering. Moreover certain types of music styles are more "Stemable" (if I could say) than others. I'm currently using Audionamix Xtrax Stem and I experience the limits of these online solutions i.e. extractions are not totally clean.

If NI drops a game changing Stem generator (this means solving real technical challenges), capable of producing top-quality files in all music styles ( DanceHall, Reggae, Dance, Shatta, Dancemusic...) without having the DJ/musicians to hire the services of mastering studios to match original quality than it could be a MUST have. It's a question of will and business strategy - does NI have it? That's THE QUESTION ! Not to mention that price will be central.

All the best

@ShakaRank2023

• JiroMusik
    JiroMusik Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

The problem with AI Stems is obviously the quality - for years now and it does not get any better by now.

You would need much more training material - but with just a fraction of todays music available as real stems its hard to get the TBs of training needed.

• mjm1138@gmail.com
    mjm1138@gmail.com Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

My impression is that Spleeter is the engine behind most of the commercial live stems products out there (excepting Serato). I would very much expect NI to use Spleeter for their implementation of live stems, especially given the very apparent lack of development resources on the Traktor Pro product. For my part, if it works as well as Algoriddim Djay I'd be reasonably happy. I don't know if I'd be "buy an add-on subscription" happy, but there we are.

My deal is that I'm trying to figure out whether to invest in the Traktor ecosystem vs. going Rekordbox/DDJ, and NI shipping this feature would give me some comfort that Traktor will be around for a few years and an investment wouldn't be wasted. In most respects I prefer Traktor Pro over competing products and I'm attracted to NI's controllers, but the platform has a bit of the stink of death around it. Certainly NI's legacy implementation of stems is dead; I could only find one active online source of Traktor stems files, and their latest release was dated 2021.

• Leandro
    Leandro Member Posts: 12 Member
    edited February 6
    Options

Most software uses the spleeter Steam separation algorithm. There is no way to compare with the quality of DEMUCS. Processing time is extreme. I believe that quality is what differentiates external Steam and its difficulty in adding to Traktor.

• Dirk V
    Dirk V Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I am hoping that the feature will utilise the F1 for it. Maybe even a X1 style facelift to go hand in hand. I’d buy it.