S4 MK4 Upcoming?

Martin Periard
Martin Periard Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi, is there an S4 MK4 coming out soon ?

thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

I would say not. But I don’t work for NI nor have insider knowledge. The mk3 is still a current controller and probably will be for a few years yet.

• egjanuary
    egjanuary Member Posts: 13 Member

I'm holding off on a MK3 because as soon as I get one they'll release a mk4.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,335 Expert
  • Demonix
    Demonix Member Posts: 4 Member

S4 mk 3 has been out since 2018/2019 - so Hardware is 3-4 years old now, what is the NI product lifecycle for controllers - I would expect replacement/update for this model to be well underway and the next iteration or new model to be coming in year 5-6 after release of the Mk3?

Babydoc recently played a set with me and rocked the place with an S4 mk3, I was thoroughly impressed and am seriously considering getting one myself - but as per previous users posts I am concerned that as soon as or shortly after I pull the trigger on the purchase NI will release the "new" S4.

Would be good to know when the replacement is due out - if it's ages away I will get the current model if it's imminent then I wait a short time and get the new one.

• Demonix
    Demonix Member Posts: 4 Member

Bump!

Whilst I realise that Traktor pro software support for S4 Mk3 will continue for a fair while yet - it would be good to know when production of the current S4 will cease and the "new" model hit the market.

A rough eta from NI as to when the above will occur would help many customers decide on what/when to purchase their next controller.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,736 mod

Looking back i don't remember NI announcing any kind of gear with a warning longer than a couple of weeks. Too short to plan such a thing.

• Oxy
    Oxy Member Posts: 88 Helper

Hope more modular components. The marked is flooded with all in ones. But, that's just my opinion.

• man-tk
    man-tk Member Posts: 7 Member

we don't need more hardware , we have enought to choose -

A Browser Update is needed + instant steams .