Anyone with Macbook pro with m1 chip and traktor s4 mk3? Report yourselves

jlopeznative
jlopeznative Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I need to know the people who have macbook pro with m1 chip how are they doing with traktor and the new update and even if they have the s4 mk3 the sound and screens have been blocked recently a few times and it sounds bad, I don't know if it's because not having rosseta and not being prepared to be so new

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @jlopeznative I remember seeing someone using M1 Mac with S4 on this forum before. Feel free to get in touch: Traktor S4 - Most Stable laptop/tablet solution for heavy use with 4 decks?

• killerfanatics
    killerfanatics Member Posts: 2 Member

I use an M1 and the s4 mk3. I have an issue where the audio drops out completely. I can still use the controller and the song is still scrolling, but absolutely no audio. Only fix is to turn off the controller and turn it back on. Besides that, no bad sound issues or screen issues.

• Ado
    Ado Member Posts: 2 Member

I use a 2021 MacBook Pro M1 with both an S8 and an S4 mk3 and I regularly experience audio dropouts for a fraction of a second. These are completely random dropouts - sometimes they might be seconds apart, other times. It might run for a couple of minutes before it happens again. Both tracks stay in sync, but I can see both waveforms stutter every time the audio drops out. I am hoping someone can find a fix for this because it is really screwing up my sets.

• viper9711
    viper9711 Member Posts: 90 Advisor

I'm using a MacBook Pro M1 with Sonoma 14.1.1 and S4MK3 without any problems. (Traktor 3.10.16 Buffer Size 128)

• auralincarnation
    auralincarnation Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Im there too thinking I need to post directly in a new forum post because I'm getting the same issue and it's frustrating beyond belief I've tried both 44.1k and 48k and sample rates 64-128-256-512-1024 and nothing helps.... I've got an M1 max processor too with 64G of RAM... You would think that would be enough but it's not I'm wondering if I need to step back to tractor pros that used Rosetta seeing from some of the other posts here

• viper9711
    viper9711 Member Posts: 90 Advisor

I think it would be helpful for support if you state your current Traktor version and your Mac OS version here

• Ado
    Ado Member Posts: 2 Member

So I followed this up with NI Support - they ran through all the usual diagnostics and suggestions - changing sample rate, buffer, USB cable etc; updating firmware and software - none of which made any difference. In the end, I solved it myself by closing all other apps so only Traktor was running...and the problem disappeared. I would've thought that my MBP (M1 2021, 16GB RAM, Ventura 13.4) could've handled some Chrome tabs and a few work apps running in the background, but evidently not. Anyways, problem solved ;)

• DJDL
    DJDL Member Posts: 61 Helper

I experienced those random 1 second audio dropouts when running Traktor under Rosetta, and narrowed them down to activity running in other open apps. Sometimes the dropouts could be avoided just by closing Chrome. It was hard cause I use Chrome for streaming while playing, among other things. Certainly, the processors in these M1 machines and later are more than capable of handling these simultaneous tasks, and the problem must come from the way the apps and hardware are communicating with each other.

Apple Silicon native versions have helped a bit with this, and I think I might not have experienced any dropouts under TP 3.10. The problem now introduced is a bit worse though, which is random application freeze on Apple Silicon machines, requiring a restart.

We'll have to wait and see how stable 3.11 is, and if any of these problems persist, keep hoping for a definite Apple Silicon compliant stable release in the future.