What’s the difference between the 2 sides of DvS vinyl?

slinksta007
slinksta007 Member Posts: 12 Helper

What’s the difference between the 2 sides of DvS vinyl? Is one for 33 and one for 45?

also what’s the difference between mk 1 and mk2? Will mk1 work with latest version of traktor?

also sometimes I get a red header flashing warning low signal and says check phono /line input level.

but there’s no “gain” knob anywhere in the software to up the input signal from the deck. Even after pressing calibrate button, still get the header warnings :(

Best Answer

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 296 Pro
    Answer ✓

The backside goes 5 minutes longer, so it has a total of 15 minutes of play time. The front has 10 minutes. At the end of the record you have a scroll function for the browser, but I personally find that rather irritating, especially at the beginner level, because you think that there is something wrong with Traktor. (look at the preferences for enable/disable). As soon as the record has run through, there is a kind of "emergency mode" at the end, which sets the Traktor Deck to Internal. You walk in there, depending on whether you prefer the absolute or the real mode. The MKI plates also work with newer versions, but not vice versa. Don't know exactly where the break was.

Your other problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with the disk, unless it's already very used up in certain places. You probably have a lack of signal flow. e.g. dirt on the needle or the pins in the tonearm are slightly fogged up. Maybe it's because of the cinch cables or the ground wire. Do a cross comparison here. So swap the side of the plates / needles / plugs of the respective decks with each other.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    edited June 2022

Hello,

I think both sides are equal, you just have a backup if one side got scratches and does not work that good anymore. MK1 vs MK2, i don't know the technical difference but MK2 is better with scratching. Normally you can set the input gain on your audio interface. What interface do you use? A new cartridge with a higher output could also be a option.

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 296 Pro
    Answer ✓

The backside goes 5 minutes longer, so it has a total of 15 minutes of play time. The front has 10 minutes. At the end of the record you have a scroll function for the browser, but I personally find that rather irritating, especially at the beginner level, because you think that there is something wrong with Traktor. (look at the preferences for enable/disable). As soon as the record has run through, there is a kind of "emergency mode" at the end, which sets the Traktor Deck to Internal. You walk in there, depending on whether you prefer the absolute or the real mode. The MKI plates also work with newer versions, but not vice versa. Don't know exactly where the break was.

Your other problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with the disk, unless it's already very used up in certain places. You probably have a lack of signal flow. e.g. dirt on the needle or the pins in the tonearm are slightly fogged up. Maybe it's because of the cinch cables or the ground wire. Do a cross comparison here. So swap the side of the plates / needles / plugs of the respective decks with each other.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod