How to use expansions?

Trekkie
Trekkie Member Posts: 34 Member

I picked up a couple of massive X expansions, installed them. I see them in the right folders, everything seems ok. However when I load Massive X as a plugin in Ableton, it has nothing but Init - Massive X, Init - Massive X Blank, QSG-01 Modulation, QSG-02 Effects, QSG-03 Control and that's it.

I've hit the scan button, and it scans something (too fast to read) for about 5-10 seconds, maybe at least 20 things, but nothing updates. Everything seems to be installed correctly otherwise.

I don't see Massive X as a valid instrument in Maschine, Massive is there along with others to check in there, which is confusing as it's shown as loaded as a plugin but I can't seem to find it as an instrument to load it either. Just really behaving strangely.

I tried removing and reinstalling.

Any suggestion on what I can do to load a preset or how it is used inside Maschine?

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,830 mod

Hello,

in maschine it should also open via presets or directly as vst3. Check the installation folder and in preferences of maschine that it looks there for plugins. On top of massive X have you clicked on the 4 vertical lines sign, the sound browser and what exactly do you see there? Maybe you´ve enabled user presets?

Check under maschine preferences plug ins/manager and locations