Cannot find bx_oberhausen presets in Maschine library

2»

Answers

• Tom Collins
    Tom Collins Member Posts: 45 Helper
    edited October 17

Yeah the issue is exclusive to KK on Intel, I have an Apple Silicon system too where the issue is not there. VST2 is only supported in the Intel version of KK3 and you cannot automate in Ableton if the plugin loaded in KK3 is VST2. So I have tried different things to force KK3 to load the VST3 instaed. But even if I disable the VST2 plugin in the preferences it still loads if the NKS preset points to the VST2. So I was wondering if there is a way to edit the NKS presets to they point to the VST3?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod

You can't disable the plugin in KK preferences, that's a fairly common misconception, unchecking that box just removes it from the plug-in menu but it is still loaded into KK. You could try removing the VST2 or do you need it for other things?

• Tom Collins
    Tom Collins Member Posts: 45 Helper

If I remove the vst2 plugin I get a load error when trying to load the NKS patch. So the only workaround I see is if I can edit the patches to load the vst3. Atm I shy from using any of those instruments because I know I can’t automate them. NI has admitted it’s a bug though so maybe a fix is on the way.