Cannot find bx_oberhausen presets in Maschine library

Funkybunch
Funkybunch Member Posts: 7 Member

I installed the BX Oberhausen, but after installation I can't see any presets in the library. Also, the controllers aren't assigned sensibly. But the description says that the plugin is nks compatible. The only way i found out ist total export every preset to the User Library.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• DiosGnosis
    DiosGnosis Member Posts: 43 Member

Did you click this? Inside the Red Box?

• Funkybunch

Please excuse my vagueness. I don't mean the presets themselves, but the integration into the NI ecosystem so that I can select the presets directly from the Maschine controller and the parameters are assigned to the controller in a meaningful way. If it's advertised with NKS support, that should be the case, or am I wrong? If not, there's no need to advertise it at all, because you can save the presets and assign the controllers to any 3rd party plugin (with a lot of effort)

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod

It does come with NKS presets, maybe you need to reinstall and make sure they are selected during the install?

• Funkybunch

I tried the installer and installation manager. During the installation process there is only the selection for the documentation and the different plugin types.

So no special entry for additional data. I reinstalled it and also had the entire library rebuilt. unfortunately without success.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod

@Funkybunch I can reproduce the issue, not sure if that's expected behaviour. NKS should mean you do get presets in Maschine or Komplete Kontrol browsers, I've reached out to colleagues on that topic, will get back when I get more info.

• Kymeia
    edited October 16

It did install them for me but that was a long time ago so maybe there is a more recent bug in the installer?

One question is are the NKS presets actually being installed but just the path not being added to KK? Would be worth the OP checking if they are or not?

On my Mac they are here:

/Library/Audio/Presets/Plugin Alliance/NKS/bx_oberhausen

If they are there AND the path is in KK settings then I would suggest selecting the path in KK settings and rescanning it

• Jeremy_NI
    edited October 16 Answer ✓
  • Funkybunch

It works 😊 Thanks for your support @Jeremy_NI

It would have been nice if brainworx had also named the parameters.

I know it's not Native Instruments' fault and the plugin was already included as a bonus of NI Komplete, but it's very embarrassing for a plugin that officially costs $249. 🙄

• Kymeia
    Answer ✓

ah that’s another older bug with the VST3 not replicating param names that were presumably created with the VST2

Really PA seem to create new stuff all the time but don’t fix old bugs like this - luckily I fixed that one myself, just overwrite their NKS with these

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/5b2p2gfwbzjmt5dj7efpz/ABG75OPzeaiQn3WATjknmoM?rlkey=xdwndlc3lurj1ggu4ssndad1x&st=54yjjtpb&dl=0

• Kymeia
    edited October 16

I'm wondering if it's not so much a bug but they just realise their NKS implementation is borked, but rather than fix the root of the problem, they took the easier option and removed installing NKS from the setup?

It's a shame really because these used to have some of the best NKS implementation because their 2 'NKS ready' plugins can actually export user and third party patches as NKS (only other plugins that can do that are the NKS ready plugins from u-he)

• Jeremy_NI

@Kymeia @Funkybunch I'll try to get a little bit of clarity on that topic.

• Tom Collins
    Tom Collins Member Posts: 45 Helper

PA has actually been aware of this for a long time, they send you links to the old installers when you create a case with their support, which I did months ago. Fixing the installers doesn't seem to be a priority though, Fortunately you can install the old version and then update after and the NKS doesn't break.

• Kymeia
    edited October 17

Unfortunately that doesn’t help much because the old installers install NKS that are incompatible with the VST3 version that is required for KK since 2.9. They really need to update their NKS to VST3 as well as fix the installers

Ideally they should also address what is really a migration issue - NKS made with the VST2 do migrate to the VST3 but incompletely so you get this broken implementation with no param names. Even if you fix it by remaking them with the VST3 as I did, they are then not backwards compatible with the VST2 because evidently each version has differences in their automation ID schemes making them incompatible when migrating

• Tom Collins
    Tom Collins Member Posts: 45 Helper
    edited October 17

I have a case running with NI support right now because I cannot automate in Ableton with KK3 macOS Intel with NKS presets that force loading the VST2, is that something you see too? (For instance U-He RePro or Rob Papen SubBoomBass2) Do you have a workaround? They have confirmed it's a bug in KK3

• Kymeia

I don't have the RP one on my system but Repro works fine for me in KK (I am using just the VST3 and on Apple Silicon though)