Is there a way for one midi patch to recall 2 chosen patches in a 2 instrument ensemble.

Studiowaves
Studiowaves Member Posts: 630 Advisor
edited October 9 in Reaktor

I have two instruments in one ensemble, actually one is the instrument and the other is an effect. As it stands I can only select the same snap on both from a midi patch select. Is there a way to save combinations of the 2 so I can as an example recall patch 1 on the instrument and say patch 10 on the other. Or perhaps call up snap 4 on one and snap 12 on the other with a single midi patch change.

Tagged:

Answers

• silentio246
    silentio246 Member Posts: 47 Helper

You can save the combination of different instrument snaps on ensemble level and recall the ensemble snaps by midi.

• Studiowaves

How do you do that on the same midi channel. I want to be able to mix and match the two but in order to do that I have to save the snaps to the same snap location. Like the instrument on the first or top snap and the effect on it's own top snap location. I was hoping for a third snap that could recall any snap combination between the instrument and the effect. example Midi patch 1 could recall snap 11 of the instrument and snap 16 of the effect. Or Midi patch 2 could recall snap 62 of the instrument and snap 25 of the effect section. Basically I need a way to save snap combinations between the two separate instruments of the ensemble.

• silentio246

Basically I need a way to save snap combinations between the two separate instruments of the ensemble.

This is done on Ensemble level. The Ensemble should be the Snapshot Master.

The midi patch change should only switch the Ensemble snaps (which contains the instrument snaps, when stored on this level). The Instruments must not get midi patch change, otherwise it will not work. If you nevertheless want to midi control the Instruments, then use a different midi channel than the Ensemble.

This is from the manual, hope that helps:

5.2 Snapshot Master
    If an Ensemble contains multiple Instruments, Snapshots for all of the included Instruments
    can be recalled at once from the Snapshot Master.
    Recalling a Snapshot from the Snapshot Master will recall the control values for all Instru-
    ments in the Ensemble and the Ensemble itself, including the selected Snapshots for each of
    the Instruments.
    By default the Snapshot Master is the Ensemble.
    The Snapshots of the Snapshot Master are the Snapshots that are used to populate the Snap-
    shot menu in the Toolbar

https://www.native-instruments.com/fileadmin/ni_media/downloads/manuals/REAKTOR_6_Diving_Deeper_English_0817.pdf

• Studiowaves

I see, thanks. This has always been confusing to me. I'll read up on it and see what happens.

• silentio246

If you need any further help, don`t bother to ask.