October 2024 – a community update from our Chief Product Officer

Comments

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 286 Pro

So… because it might suggest it wasn’t a quick fix we’re back in line, AGAIN…?
    Wasn’t the update promised way earlier, at least way earlier this year…?

I’m sorry man, but NI / your CPO prioritizes on “value”, but solely for the company.
    And it’s clear you’re short on resources, otherwise there would be some capacity left to fix problems on M+.

We’ve bought a product that’s not working as advertised for a very long time, and it’s also not compatible with the latest Maschine SW on desktop.

So I’m not talking more, more, more… never expected from NI or your CPO to prioritize any of these ‘feature requests’ in favor of solid cash flow. But putting us back in line in favor of more new products is eating trust.

• walerandei
    walerandei Member Posts: 11 Member
    edited October 9

Let me see …

I've purchased a unit Maschine mk3, a unit Maschine plus, many NI plugins sold apart … since many years I've pay many times for upgrades to my "Komplete Ultimate suite" including the last one (a 400€ Komplete 15 ultimate upgrade).
    And not to mention that Maschine plus has several things / bugs that still needs work … and considering how long customers have been waiting for improvements and bug fixes?

So … ¿Will I have to pay for Maschine 3 software upgrade without any special prices or different upgrade possibilities?

Another question … If I decide not upgrade and stay in Maschine 2 SW / Firmware: ¿Are you telling me that my Maschine plus will keep with all the bugs without a fix / update support?

• Tulio Guilherme Grunwald
    Tulio Guilherme Grunwald Member Posts: 19 Member

What about make iZotope plugins NKS? At least the new ones!
    I'm waiting for this since iZotope was not part of NI!

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 117 Advisor
    edited October 9

Agree, why upgrade and bundle up iZotope purchase if they dont even support the NI ecosystem.
    No Native Access support either if you purchased an iZotope bundle from iZotope website.

• BigPictureSound
    BigPictureSound Member Posts: 72 Helper

I just purchased a Maschine+ a month ago, will there be a grace period for scenarios like this? I have multiple maschine licenses at this point, and didn't even bother activating the one that came with my unit.

• donmaddonald
    donmaddonald Member Posts: 129 Helper
    edited October 10

This means that we will have again the drag and drop on KK? (sorry English is my third language, so sometimes I don't understand nuances).

• Tom Collins
    Tom Collins Member Posts: 37 Helper
    edited October 10

If they do as they did with the Maschine 2 software upgrade back in the day there will be special upgrade pricing for v2 software license holder. I doubt you will be charged full price for v3 sw. I do think it's fair they want to have some sort of compensation for the the work done for a major version upgrade. I don't see how it's relevant what Komplete purchases one have performed, that's a different product.

• KrisG
    KrisG Member Posts: 9 Member

i bought mine new 3 months ago and its now outdated. Or i need to pay to get the latest and bug fixes. As a customer youd expect support for a period of time at the time of purchase of the product. Its not a cheap ball pen that we buy here.

Plus, dont compare update from 1 to 2 when there was no standalone device back then that needs to function correctly.

• solsta
    solsta Member Posts: 116 Helper

@Kaiwan_NI will maschine have broader audio editing capabilities? Also the ability to display plugins not in focus would be great, at the moment only NI plugins can be pinned. When moving between groups or sounds, I lose a bunch of visual data, it would be so helpful to be able to check meters for my groups and and those of individual sounds at the same time, a lot of time is spent clicking out of group view to sound view to master view. This would be a great help!!!!

• solsta
    solsta Member Posts: 116 Helper

or technically the D2 controllers, cos they are exactly like the s8 but modular, so you could have 1 to 4 of them depending on budget and needs

• SED GREEN
    SED GREEN Member Posts: 7 Member
    edited October 11

In a survey that I answered a few weeks ago on traktor,
    you asked the question of developing the mapping on controllers other than native Instruments,
    like pionner ot other.
    Is this current or will it not see the light of day?

• Skijumptoes
    Skijumptoes Member Posts: 56 Helper

Any plans for more plugins to support S Series Mk3 NKS direct connection as Kontakt does?

I'm thinking Massive-X, for example, seems the most obvious candidate.

Or even if third party direct connect support is on the horizon with existing products? i.e. Arturia/UJam. Thanks!

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,604 mod

It would be great if Massive X had direct integration, although for that to work best it would need more params to be mapped to KK knobs than just macros, and poly aftertouch

• Lipo.exe
    Lipo.exe Member Posts: 6 Member

thanks for update and i hope that there will be improvements not only colour wise 🫠 everywhere im asking this and never got answer , will it be possible to control maschine plus with external midi controler ? 🤦

This discussion has been closed.