October 2024 – a community update from our Chief Product Officer

Comments

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 445 Guru

You mentioned AI for idea and sound generation in the last update - can you tell us how that is coming along?

And, based on the screenshot from machine, and the update to Kontakt 8, can we assume the side panel is coming to Komplete Kontrol?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,605 mod
    edited October 8

I hope so, this is absolutely necessary (the side browser, not AI which I don't care about)

• Catarino
    Catarino Member Posts: 24 Member

Sounds like dedicated stems hardware coming soon for TP4 👀

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,316 Expert
    edited October 8

I know many of you are waiting for an update to Battery 4 – yes, it’s not yet even Sonoma compatible. Battery is built on some older code that’s been non-trivial to upgrade. Our teams have been focused on making Kontakt 8 the best it can be, but now that it has been released, we’ll release an update to Battery 4 in the coming weeks.

It's good to hear that a new update for Battery 4 is coming, but I doubt that will alleviate people's overall concern for Battery: Battery being no longer relevant for NI as a product.

Does it still have a meaningful future? Or, is it indeed considered "dead" (discontinued) like many of us here fear?

A honest and definite answer would be welcome at this point. (Same with Massive X's situation).

Other than that: Thank you for the overall community update - much appreciated!

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,798 mod

I just wanna say, I really like the new kontakt tools, use the phrase tool with some percussion libraries and the fun starts, for example - great work from the native team

• Felwinter
    Felwinter Member Posts: 6 Member
  • Scott Frost
    Scott Frost Member Posts: 58 Helper

Firstly great job on everything - a lot of people like to complain who know nothing about software development who think they know everything with no knowledge of the complexities. So keep it up!

Since you keep selling FM8 - you REALLY NEED TO UPDATE THE UI, it's too small! What's the point of it if you can't see it? I think there's a few other products you have that are also small, the original MASSIVE as well.

It can't take that long to make a new UI or even make a new FM9.

As for Traktor - the X1MK3 - can you add a way to make the buttons BRIGHTER? I am visually impaired and find them hard to read with the text only lit up - the MK2 was much better.

• Stemphonyx
    Stemphonyx Member Posts: 10 Member

Thanks for the update.

Let's talk bout Maschine. @Simon_NI You call it upgrade and not update, this means something big. It must be a different beast compared to 2.0. Is there an idea on the price tag?

• OhulahanBass
    OhulahanBass Member Posts: 172 Pro
    edited October 8

It sounds like a decent update, but I am not sure it is the same leap as 1- 2. I hope they improved the sampler/audio engine a bit and did more than add a per-group time signature and a store to buy sampled instruments.

Is M2 projects compatible with M3?

When will the M+ updated kernel come out?

Are any of the improvements visual on the hardware?

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 117 Advisor
    edited October 8

Still no Battery news - really hope to see som innovation and good news in a few weeks.

Agree releasing new software without HighDPI is beyond puzzling.

What is the status on migrating the iZotope products to Native Access?

• Zenjiin
    Zenjiin Member Posts: 4 Member

Is there any chance Maschine’s patterns will get similar flexibility to play/stop triggers as, say, Ableton? It would be amazing if you could enable a pattern to start at the beginning of a cycle after hitting the pad, etc.

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 117 Advisor
    edited October 8

The new Maschine software should, like the new Leap, have 1st party options/settings to add covers/hero graphics for custom kits/sample packs. Makes it more fun to browse your sounds.

• SaschaFranck
    SaschaFranck Member Posts: 151 Helper

So, I gather both Battery and Reaktor are dead. Fine. At least sort of.

This discussion has been closed.