Will Maschine JAM be compatible with Maschine 3.0? What do you guys think?

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,233 mod
    edited October 8

Not to defend their approach but "3-4 years" might be a bit of an overstatement, the MK2 is 12 years old and still supported… Mk1's were NI's first attempt at 4x4 controllers; you can buy one used for like 150$.

This happens all the time in the Mac world for anything that needs drivers, if you have old HW you have to stick with old MacOS versions, new+old does not match in the Apple World. You either accept this as Mac user or switch to Windows / dont buy non class-compliant devices. I personally stopped buying interfaces because of this even tho they offer better latency due to custom drivers. Some companies offer support for a very, very long time… Say RME, but then you pay a premium for those interfaces as long term support is included in the price because… well it costs them money.

The new KKS MK3 seems to be going on a different approach now, it does not rely on the computer for MIDI templates and whatnot, I imagine an eventual new Maschine Mk4 will also do the same but who knows.

• goslin23
    goslin23 Member Posts: 4 Member

If my Maschine Studio and Jam are no longer supported with the 3.0 update like my KK Keyboard, I'm done with NI.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,387 Expert

Exactly this…😂

We can speculate as much as we want…we know who takes the decisions…and we also know how they take them…

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,617 Expert

No mention of Jam or Studio there. Might be worth asking.

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 303 Guru
    edited October 16

Hey @Kaiwan_NI is support for JAM and Studio still going?

• D-One
    edited October 16

All good with Jam and Studio, an official NI account should confirm it eventually.

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 156 Pro

We surely live in the new era of openness and proactive communication. It almost seems that NI is answering question by leaking information bits to Reddit through posters not even on their payrolll. Like 100% unpaid poor fellas. No compensation whatsoever.

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 156 Pro
    edited October 16

There was a title First look at Maschine 3.0 where I think a guy was using it with Maschine studio. It has been set private now. So it is impossible to confirm anymore. Also MrFresh2017 dropping information bits staregically about the coming update and defending all the decision like it would be his dayjob. Makes me wonder if NI is ever going to start communicating in a more open way, or is it just something they keep repeating quarterly.

• D-One
    edited October 16

Nah, breaking your NDA on your own job and risk getting fired to get some likes/upvotes on Reddit or whatever is wild… I guarantee you folks at NI have more important stuff to worry about then leaking their own products.

First case seems like someone who just abused the privileged information he got from the beta… 2nd one, well.. it is what is it, some people just defend what they like, it doesen't mean they're a sock puppet account; a couple of users here have been called that before too. If people can talk ****** than people can also defend, seems fair. Some do take it to an extreme tho…

Anyway… Reddit sounds fun, I'll start being active sometimes there lol

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 712 Pro

you are not wrong in this….

the tactical marketting strategies of keeping the little fishies hooked by dangling something shiny has become common online… then we also have the useful idiots who take the bait…. and begin singing the "siren song" nek minnit everyone is talking about it

this is occurring currently with the apple m4 / maschine 3.0 & had occurred recently with ableton move…

the marketting strategy employed is revelant in areas where there is alot of chatter… reddit/FB/X etc

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 1,284 mod

Oh - this I do know about.

An excited beta user leaked a video.

I asked them to please take the video down, as to participate in beta also requires a level of trust and confidentiality.

• Warpt1
    Warpt1 Member Posts: 28 Member
    edited October 16

I'm confident the Jam I recently acquired as an M+ user will still be working down the road. In fact, I think there are untapped markets that the M+ could flourish in as a long time bassist/guitarist, novice drummer where I've spent some time with online communities that I have seen nobody from mention Maschine.

Yet finding my M+ in 2024, it like the thing was made to make my life easier as a musician. Prior to all I really knew about Maschine was people loved it for finger drumming.. for that alone? I wasn't ready to spend the dough. Built an e-kit instead.

A couple improvements to the sampler could make the M+ a formidable option in the world of electronic drumming.

The M+ as far as I can tell is already a pretty strong choice for live looping, giving the ease of which I'm making progress vs my old RC-600 I've never really liked. An option for handling pattern changes regardless of the scene could take that to another level.

Given that every time I see a Jam in a photo or videos when I see them it's sitting next to the M+, where the community wasn't having it when it was released without compatibility with the Jam..

My question is, can you just imagine if there were a Jam today with playable pads like the Maschine or my Launchpad.. maybe some motorized faders instead of touch strips, yet still all the ease of access like dedicated scene/pattern change buttons? I mean.. I got my Jam for $120 incl. shipping. But I'd have probably passed on that deal if Jam MK2 was a thing.

I'm living proof that people are still finding out what Maschine is capable of in 2024. Food for thought, NI.