traktor pro 3 connection to Xone96 & Ableton

truebrit
truebrit Member Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

hi im trying my best to get my head around the input output routing of the 96 but failing. I followed the guide page 33 of 96's manual .. records now fine within traktor.

what id love to be able to do is have Ableton for the fx side of things send /return.

are there any step by step guides available to incorporate drum machine and vocal samples within Ableton to work with traktor?

must I use both usb's?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro
    Answer ✓

USB 9/10 is send 1

usb 11/12 is send 2

I’m gonna assume that you are new to Abelton also.

1. Create an audio track in Abelton and assign USB 9/10 from your mixer as the input and USB 9/10 as your output.
    2. Activate Abelton link in both Traktor and Abelton and sync them.

To fully help you out I would have to write a manual but the basics to get you started are in those 2 points.

The rest is up to you to learn what your mixer does with s/r and how to use the empty audio track created in Abelton.

Answers

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro
    Answer ✓

USB 9/10 is send 1

usb 11/12 is send 2

I’m gonna assume that you are new to Abelton also.

1. Create an audio track in Abelton and assign USB 9/10 from your mixer as the input and USB 9/10 as your output.
    2. Activate Abelton link in both Traktor and Abelton and sync them.

To fully help you out I would have to write a manual but the basics to get you started are in those 2 points.

The rest is up to you to learn what your mixer does with s/r and how to use the empty audio track created in Abelton.

• truebrit
    truebrit Member Posts: 2 Member

Now lost in music bliss thanks so much. On to now attack the learning curve the mixer sounds incredible.