Should I log out of 'Native Access' when I'm done with my session? (I use 3 PC's in 2 Locations)

Guitarbinge86
Guitarbinge86 Member Posts: 58 Member

In total, I have my 'N.I' installed on three PC's, Two which are in my basement, and one which is at my son's house. he is young and I've been teaching him about music and producing. I want to make sure there's no issues in the future. Should I start signing or logging out of 'native access' when I'm done with my studio sessions? I didn't know if it will look bad if I'm logged in at one location or on one PC, and also try logging in at the/on the other.

Best Answers

• saradis
    saradis Member Posts: 50 Advisor
    Answer ✓

I'm pretty sure you're good and not in danger of getting banned or anything like that, NI people know that we sometimes use a second computer or concurrent installs. I don't know if there's a flagging system in place, for example if you have kontakt open on two different locations at the same time that's a bit sus, but I bet the reason they don't announce what the exact safe limits are, is that people will abuse them and share accounts splitting costs etc.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,272 Expert
    Answer ✓

The EULA specifically says:

3. Scope of Use

3.3 Licensee may install and personally use the licensed software on three devices (e.g. one computer, one laptop, one workstation), provided that the said software is used only on one device regularly. Simultaneous use on more than one hardware device is not permitted. The Products may not be used on a network by multiple users, unless each user possesses a license. In case Licensee changes the hardware, all software on the hardware used must be deleted.

You would be fine - as long as only one person uses the software at a time.

Answers

• saradis
    saradis Member Posts: 50 Advisor
    Answer ✓

I'm pretty sure you're good and not in danger of getting banned or anything like that, NI people know that we sometimes use a second computer or concurrent installs. I don't know if there's a flagging system in place, for example if you have kontakt open on two different locations at the same time that's a bit sus, but I bet the reason they don't announce what the exact safe limits are, is that people will abuse them and share accounts splitting costs etc.

• Guitarbinge86
    Guitarbinge86 Member Posts: 58 Member

okay, thanks for the help. It sucks because due to health I almost never get to use the 'Komplete' anymore or produce. At least my little son likes it; so hopefully when he's home or with me he will get some use out of it. When I do actually have a session, I'll just call and make sure he's not using it at that moment.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,272 Expert
    Answer ✓

The EULA specifically says:

3. Scope of Use

3.3 Licensee may install and personally use the licensed software on three devices (e.g. one computer, one laptop, one workstation), provided that the said software is used only on one device regularly. Simultaneous use on more than one hardware device is not permitted. The Products may not be used on a network by multiple users, unless each user possesses a license. In case Licensee changes the hardware, all software on the hardware used must be deleted.

You would be fine - as long as only one person uses the software at a time.