Kontrol S MK3 MIDI Templates: (un)Official Peer-To-Peer Sharing and Download Thread

Comments

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 1,284 mod

You can still do this. Note that the pedal configuration is spread over three pages. Here's how you could do it:

• Open MIDI Template Editor
    • Navigate to the Pedals page (use buttons 1/2 above screen)
    • Select the Pedal port to which you have an Expression pedal connected
    • Ensure it is set to Continuous (on Page 1)
    • Navigate to Page 2 (use the Left/Right arrow buttons below the Settings/MIDI button)
    • Here you can configure and change the CC values

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 1,284 mod
    1. No
    2. Yes - stay tuned
    3. No
    4. Answered in my prior message
    5. No - color is set per keyzone

Also - might I ask you direct any questions on how to do things, or feedback on the ability to do things, to another thread, or the thread linked here? The current thread is intended purely for sharing MIDI Templates. I will likely come back and delete these messages after 24 hours or so, to ensure you've had time to read the answers, and to keep this thread clean and clear.

• Thomas Tjarnberg
    Thomas Tjarnberg Member Posts: 7 Member

I just set up my S88 MK3 and things are looking good. I am using a computer but also have one MIDI module, a Roland JV-2080. I was easily able to set up a template to change the presets in one of the banks, there are a number of banks and I can't figure out how to send the commands from the keybaord to change to another 128 preset bank. I have attacked a PDF of what values you have to send to make it work. Could someone tell me if this is possible to change to one of the preset banks User, A, B, C, GM, E, Expansion A, B, C, D, E, F? Thank you for any help you can give me.

• crisNI
    crisNI Member Posts: 20 Member
    edited September 13

can you give it a try? set to MIDI ch 1

button 1 is set to preset.bank A (unlit), when pressed and buttons light up, it should load preset.bank B,
    now turning the lower PC knob should let you choose your presets within Bank B.

button 2: unlit - preset.bank C, when lights on: bank D

button 3: unlit = bank A - when pressed/lights on: bank E
    turn the PC knob and you should be able to change your Bank E presets.

if this works, simply do the same with your other buttons:
    set them to CC 84, display mode: toggle,
    min value 6, max value 7 - shoud set "Expansion Board D"
    min value 8, max value 9 - should set "Expansion Board E"

• Thomas Tjarnberg
    Thomas Tjarnberg Member Posts: 7 Member

Hi and thanks for the help! I tried loading the template with little success. Here is what happened:

1. The Patch Change Knob worked fine, ran through all the 128 patch values in Bank A.
    2. I'm assuming when you said min and max that you meant off and on in the edit menu. When I look at the template when loaded the three edited buttons are dim when not selected and bright when selected.
    3. Pressing the first button labeled Preset A+B resulted in the dim button light getting brighter but the 2080 stayed in Bank A. Preset A+E button lit up as well.
    4. Pressing the button labeled Preset C+D lit up all 3 dim buttons and left the 2080 in Bank A.
    5. Pressing the button labeled Preset A+E lit up all 3 dim buttons and left the 2080 in Bank A.

So that's what I found out. On the front of the 2080 there is a row of buttons labeled User, Card, Preset, EXP and Category. Below that are two more rows of buttons to pick the banks depending on what is selected in row 1. If you select User, then the 8 buttons below don't do anything. I'm currently not using the Card. Selecting the Preset button lets you select Bank A, B, C, D and E with D being General MIDI. Selecting Exp lets you select Expansions A-H, I only have 6 slots filled so that is A-F for me. I'll be installing 2 more when I pull them from my old XV-88.

I was able to set up a knob that lets me dial through all the patches in Bank A. I set up 2 buttons that let me select up and down the patches in Bank A and wrap around once I get to the top or bottom. And I think I've got the Sustain and Sostenuto pedals working as well. I also assigned a knob to volume. But this bank select seems a tough nut to crack. Let me know if you want me to try anything else and thanks so much for the ideas!

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,619 mod
    edited September 27

Here are a couple of default templates made with a graphic wallpaper - one with Touchstrip mapped to breath (which I find useful for some physically modelled instruments)

And here is the wallpaper on its own if anyone wants to use just that - I made it so you can still have the template name showing

• Erwinew
    Erwinew Member Posts: 68 Member

Here is an updated Toontrack EZBass MIDI preset example including pictures. Thanks for this great addition in firmware update v1.8.4 NI developers!

You can download the ZIP below which includes the Kontrol keyboard MIDI mappings and EZBass presets for Modern / Vintage basses:

• natemercury
    natemercury Member Posts: 24 Member

anything for the Korg Minilogue XD?

• Thomba
    Thomba Member Posts: 7 Member

Hi . I am new to this template matter and might always remain to be just that. Still - I am intrigued.
    Question downloaded and imported your lovely version. When loading up EZBass in a DAW and activating your template nothing happens. Tweaking seems to be having no effect.

Is there a special set-up needed`?
    Does it only work in the stand alone version?

Thanks

• Erwinew
    Erwinew Member Posts: 68 Member
    edited October 8

@Thomba Thanks for trying the EZBass template. I assume you downloaded EZBass v2.zip which is currently the latest version? The This version contains a directory EZBass presets\*ezbp which should be loaded into the EZBass plugin. The .ezbp files contains the mapping between the Kontrol MIDI template and EZBass buttons.

Yes, you can use both EZBass as standalone as in the DAW.

Note: Make sure that the Kontrol MIDI input is routed to the VST3 plugin in your DAW (depends on which DAW you use).

Note 2: The link to EZBass.zip is outdated on page 1 (does not contain presets with EZBass MIDI mapping) and should be replaced with previous post EZBass v2.zip. Only a moderator can do this.

Note: I'm moving it to Github and release a GUI tool for Windows to import/export images soon.

• Thomba
    edited October 12

Thank you very much.I will follow your advice. By the way, what do you mean by loaded into the plugin?
    Am I right, that I would need this ezbp file for every instrument in order for the connection to work?
    How is this be done for e.g. Omnisphere?

• Thomba

It is actually annoying how difficult this tool offering is. A good idea, very badly executed. I am reasonably skilled, but I really have issues executing everything to my will. There should be a desktop app availabe.

With very basic issues. Most definitely my own fault, but than I just do not know any better.

So I have kind of managed to get an Omnisphere template ready. Now, the moment I engage the midi link activation and turn a knob in order to get the sync working I can not go back to the default setting of this knob inside of Omnisphere - changing therefore everything. When I open a second Omnisphere session the template and Omnisphere do not reconnect etc. etc. etc.