Quantize Value - ability to change from just whole beat

alec.tron
alec.tron Member Posts: 72 Pro
edited August 2022 in Share Ideas for Traktor Pro

3rd most requested from the previous Feature Request Forum:

Quantize Value - ability to change from just whole beat for track decks

"Like you can with Traktor DJ on the iPad, and like you can in Remix Decks (and in other platforms), ability to change quantize to other values: 1/8th beat, 1/4 beat, 1/2 beat, 1 beat, 2 beats, 4 beats"

ps. source / status from the previous feature request forum:

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/traktor-3-5-2-297-released-on-native-access.463005/#post-2141807

22 votes

Closed · Last Updated

This idea did not receive enough support from the community.

Comments

• dariodelima
    dariodelima Member Posts: 50 Advisor

I started this thread and request in the last forumn and yes it gained a lot of momentum, hopefully it will get the attention of the Dev team or NI this time around..

+1 on this.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,554 admin

Thank you for submitting this idea @alec.tron and @dariodelima. We’re now tracking demand for this feature. I'm aware this has been brought up so many times in the old forum. We're using this new space to reevaluate which features are important to the community. And it looks like this idea is gonna make its way to the top again. 🙂

• Bronxio
    Bronxio Member Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2022

Sometimes I want to trigger a hotcue to 1/4 beat + Q, so I can do a perfect "tatatataPUM" without looping (hope I'm clear enough 😆). Or trigger in the "2.5 beat" to make some kind of rhythm (offbeat). It would be really cool if this feature will be in some future version of Traktor Pro 👍

• dariodelima
    edited July 2022

This is great news, hopefully it eventually makes it through to a future release. Indeed this was a much requested feature. The ability to change the quantize value would be so beneficial I believe to users.its great for routine play and helps with playing with words and phrases almost like wordplay routines and also using 1'4 or 1/2 beats cues to create energy and builds ups. Having it in the sample deck and not in track deck has been so frustrating at times. 👍💯

• dariodelima

Bumping this up once again to the front of the ideas playlist, lets see if we can get more like taking it up to the 30 mark as it was the third most requested feature behind flexible beatgrids and meta data management. Let's keep it on NI radar.

need at least 30 likes..

👍️

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,554 admin

Unfortunately this idea did not receive enough votes over the allotted time. We are closing the post.

This discussion has been closed.